App Idea: Light Novel Reader with Rakaisama-like Dictionary and Passive SRS

JazzyMetul said…
I think this is a great idea, but there is one serious concern I have, and that is in regards to copyright, legality, practicality in the acquisition of resources, yada yada yada. How do you plan on getting a reasonable wealth of known VN developers to give you permission to work with their product when you are trying to champion a very low-cost product?
 light novels, but in the end you could even use it for other kinds of japanese literature. I would like to  read novels. Even websides can be downloaded as pdf.

Any progress? This sounds like a really interesting proposal, but this thread hasn’t been updated in three months :frowning:

Love this idea.

~frankiebluej

I’d pay for that.

Want!

This app for iOS is about the closest to what you describe that I’ve seen:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wakaru-learn-japanese-by-reading/id351047145?mt=8  

There is some pretty nice integration with some online libraries of public domain content.  However, what it could really use is the ability to import paid content.  It can take books in various formats, so if you paid for content offline it might be able to handle that.

I’ve also sent the author a brief suggestion about Wanikani integration, but didn’t follow up about it.

Would definitely pay to use this if it functioned well. :3