API version 2 moving out of beta. Sunsetting API version 1

Thank you to the WaniKani team for continuing to adapt and improve the website and application. Your hard work is appreciated! :blush::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I’ll miss “Progress and Projections”.

2 Likes

That sucks as I’ve only been able to use the API version 1 as when I tried using version 2 it didn’t work when using an app called Benkyou.

1 Like

Great! I’m planning on using the stabilized API soon. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for this! I had the same fear (being unable to use WK stats from now on)

2 Likes

Okay, I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I don’t know where else.

So, today I headed over to WaniKani to do my reviews and found out that all of my downloaded scripts stopped working. I know it’s not because of the update with the illustrated lesson and review buttons (I was able to get scripts to work after that update). Is it because of this API update? That wouldn’t make sense, though, because that’s only supposed to happen in September, right?

Is it because of the Minor Menu Updates? Because if that’s the update messing with my in-review scripts, it’s not really minor. I don’t think it’s that one, though, because that update happened on April 6th. Yesterday, all my scripts worked fine for me, so I’m confused what’s going on.

If something changed with the API, I understand that it will take some time for people maintaining the scripts to get everything fixed, but I just don’t see what would be causing anything to be different.

And it may sound drastic, but if I can’t use WaniKani Ultimate Timeline or auto-commit; the end of the enter key, I shall go insane. There’s other scripts I like to use to achieve the perfect WaniKani experience, but those two are the most important to me.

Just checked, and Ultimate Timeline as well as other scripts work well for me. So it does not seem to be a general issue.

I guess you know the drill, of reloading, restarting, logout/login and so on, so I hope this will fix things for you…

1 Like

Thank you for replying! I had tried reloading the page with no results, but after finding out from you it was definitely a problem on my end, I restarted my computer and the scripts started working again. Yay!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Instructions unclear, virus installed

4 Likes

0/0 Streak Challenge (with AlliCrab)!

Should be a partner thread to the real one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, I was worried about this too…do you think the projections will come back by then??

According to the author, this should be the case:

For further questions, I suggest to post them in that thread as well.

2 Likes

but how will KANIWANI work?

Presumably they will update

2 Likes

There is KameSame, which does the same but newer and supported.

2 Likes

Hi ^^
I had to look up some of the terms to understand this message, starting with “API” … Application programming interface for anyone who’s wondering ^^
(Not criticism, just to explain where I stand)

What does this change mean for an average WK user ?
Going from API 1 to API 2 means people who use scripts will have to update them, right ?
Is there anything else to know ?

Thanks, have a good day ^^

For you it means that some scripts and applications may break if they are not updated by the developers. You don’t have to, and can’t, do anything other than watch in dismay as the world falls apart

For developers it means they have to hurry up and update their stuffs.

8 Likes

Thanks !
As you can tell by my extended ignorance of everything API, and tokens, and HTTP status code, my world is script free so I should be fine xD
Good luck to everyone, hope the scripts are updated when the time comes ^^

3 Likes

I think that’s what we’re all doing right now. With or without APIv2.

16 Likes