Anyone Wanna talk old Video games 2010 Era?

Is anyone up to chat about games from the early 2010s that didn’t get much recognition but are very much enjoyed?

4 Likes

Oh, man, reading half-way through I was thinking of the Retro Game thread, then seeing 2010! :joy: But, you’re right in that a lot has happened since then. I still wouldn’t call that old video games though. 10 years isn’t much, imo.

I did play lots of fun stuff though. Animal Crossing, Twilight Princess, Ookami, on the Wii - which I still consider a great gaming console. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I agree, one game I used to play which is majorly underrated is Motorstorm, more specifically the 2nd release called Pacific Rift, The old Wii was fun as well, something I played a lot at my grandfathers so I loved it

4 Likes

Back then I was still scraping by and only half-way through did I ever get my first “proper” console, a PS3 which was soon superseeded by the PS4. I loved it still. ^^

I played remakes of Shadow of the Colossos, Ico along with Flower, Journey and Flow among other stuff. But, mostly more action games which isn’t my forte, for sure. The Last of Us just came out and there was the backstory episode for Tomb Raider, bringing that game-series back. :thinking:

4 Likes

Oh, sweet, I usually was too scared as a young kid to play any horror games so I never really experienced the last of us till 13 or 14 cause I thought it was scary lol, but I did do Call of Duty and other stuff like that. Uncharted was one I tried to get into but never really held on to. Racing/Drifting games are really my thing but I play other stuff from time to time.

3 Likes

You reminded me I never finished it. :joy: I liked it on principle, but i’d have preferred if there was a better shooting /exploring-ratio. It becomes frankly ridiculous pretty early on with the type of gunfights you have to survive. ^^;

I’m bad with horror games in any form or shape. It took me some doing to get through The Last of Us. I partially replayed it even some years later, but never finished it a second time. I find the very last bit of the story, frankly, a bit too much! :sweat_smile: :fearful:

5 Likes

Yeah, it has many nooks and crannies to go and find stuff in, just all too much for me. But I played the PS Vita version and I loved that one but I never really caught onto the others for some reason. I played it 2 or 3 times together but I always had to stop for a week or so and then continue. Horror games aren’t my thing just because its all rinse and repeat jumpscare stuff, meanwhile psycological horror is a mix of loved and hated genre of games for me lol.

4 Likes

The 2 or 3 times I was talking about was the last of us, my mistake…

2 Likes

For that there was Heavy Rain. Now that’s a game that really left a heavy mark on me. Like, it was absolutely horrifying to play, but if you prevailed, it left you with some pretty deep thoughts about what you experienced. Milder in temperament was Beyond: Two Souls. Beautiful gaming experience, but also hits your real hard in some of the themes. Very thought-provoking experience. :eyes:

4 Likes

Doki Doki Literature Club… That is one hell of a psychological horror experience let me tell you. I haven’t played that but I heard it was good, some games hit close to home and I wander if some games are meant for that.

3 Likes

I’m struggling to find a game I loved that fits in “early 2010s”, but I played (and replayed) the heck out of Super Paper Mario and Final Fantasy XIII a little before 2010, and did the same to Persona 5 and Stardew Valley in the later half of the 2010s.

I put a lot of hours into that game too, but I am also bad with horror. Now that you mention it, I don’t think I ever even finished it. I was “playing” by handing the controller to my friend every 5 minutes, and we must’ve stopped at some point after we graduated college and didn’t leave near each other anymore. I should give it another go!

4 Likes

Oh wow, those I know some were good but I never played persona, when I was young (Like really really young) I only did that one racing game and kept goofing around in it instead of actually playing the game lol, but it wasn’t until recently I actually tried to play and win.

4 Likes

Sounds like we need to bring in @latepatate, the official spokes-potato for the Persona-games. XD :potato: :video_game:

3 Likes

Oh lord what have I started lol

1 Like

Remember Me was also a great game imo. There was some really difficulty to it, but also great world-building and just stunning graphics and music.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve heard of it but I never played it.

As with all games, there as aspect that are less great, but overall, I think it’s an underrated game. it has great moments for sure. not too scary either. :wink:

rem3

That Neo-Paris setting is to die for! ^^

2 Likes

2010 old…I must be ancient

4 Likes

My first comment was literally that 10 years ago isn’t long ago. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s my era. Rayman Origins, WET, Rogue Warrior (terrible game that’s fun), Resistance 3.

3 Likes