Anyone just fall behind sometimes

Thankyou!
Indeed there is a lot of interesting (and slightly depressing) information there…
D.

2 Likes

Indeed! I’ve been on level 6 for 113 days! The past 2 weeks I’ve been “playing” catchup-on-reviews! Before my “burn-out” (break), I was completing a level within 1-2 weeks!

2 Likes

why did level one take 28 days?

some kind of zombie thing right? :stuck_out_tongue:

it may sound completely random, but i searched up about the biz mentioned in your profile and for some reason one friend that went to high school with me (about 7 years ago) follows your page on fb.

1 Like

Be careful with the weekend. If you do many lessons on the weekend you’ll also produce tons of reviews for the week. That came to bite me quite a few times already.

1 Like

I fall behind all the time. Depending on my level of motivation, I can do 30 lessons a day, or 0 for 7 days. I usually keep up with reviews though, but sometimes I fall behind even with the reviews. Nevertheless I’ve managed to consistently stay around 20-25 (total average now is 20) days per level for the past few levels, which I think is fine. It might take a few years to get to lvl 60, but I don’t mind.

1 Like

IMO there is no such things as “falling behind” on lessons (well, unless you use the reorder script and only do Kanji lessons, whyever people do that). You can certainly fall behind on reviews, but lessons don’t have any time limit attached. If anything, I don’t think Wanikani intends people to do 100 lessons in one go when they come up, because nobody can remember so many things well at once.

I’m pretty good at keeping steady, but thanks for the tip anyway :slightly_smiling_face: I’m currently doing about 10 lessons per day at the moment, down from doing about 25 per day before level 10. I find sticking with a set number per day works for me. (But as per that post I needed to slow down a bit, so I did! :smile:)

2 Likes

hahaha there’s dozens of us

9 Likes

Wow, that’s interesting! Since I got back from Japan I’ve been working on my marketing business, have not done too much with Nihon Scope for a little while. However going to be getting new hosting, the place its at now is way too slow. Got tons of articles I wrote to put up as well that have been just sitting around.

Either way, it’s not like I got a super popular site or following, it’s ranking for a few highly searched words like habushu (snake sake) and gaki no tsukai – not #1 on those but first half of the page (last time I checked). Thanks for sharing ^ _ ^

any and all questions about my speed when cruising through WaniKani can be solved with one simple answer:

I’m slow as hecc

1 Like

Yeah, Last week a new game came out and I really didn’t study japanese much. I did reviews but last level was my slowest yet if I remember correctly. I think sometimes slowing down is better for you. Having a little room to breathe.In the end what matters is progress, not speed.
As long as you enjoy learning, you will see improvements so don’t worry about speed that much.

1 Like

No prob. It was just a very curious case. All the best~~

[srry for very late response :sweat_smile:

I’ll just…leave this here

6 Likes

We’re all in this together, OP! I’m currently sitting on 310 reviews I just don’t feel like doing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.