Anyone else facing burnout?

So I kind of missed this part of information when I started (my fault definitely) , got to level 27 without studying anything else, studied abroad in Japan, could literally only read kanji lol

My Japanese skills were so asymmetrical that I had a difficult time finding the right level of Japanese classes and ended up in a higher class where I was always the worst student. I like to think I learned the most at the end though

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond, there’s a lot of you so I can’t go through one by one but just know that I read everything on here. Despite the suggestions of some, I didn’t reset my level back by one, (or back to one, as someone suggested), but just decided to sit down and power through all the lessons and reviews.

My outlook on things can vary pretty wildly sometimes, so when I wrote the original post I knew it was possible to dig myself out but I just needed some words of encouragement. And if there’s one thing this forum is good at, it’s encouragement. I finished level 7 after 33 days, and while I’m going a bit slow on level eight, I now have a schedule in place that should let me level up once every 8 days or so without getting so much piled up that I face the same kind of burnout. It’s gonna be 6 days until I’m out of eight, but when nine starts I’ll do my best to stick with that plan. I’m definitely bookmarking this thread to come back and read whenever I face the same thing again, so thank you all.

If you’re in a similar place, try the following routine (while I did figure this out on my own, after doing a bit more research I also saw that a ton of people have done it before me, which if anything just reassures me that it will work)

-Find 3 times during the day that you can use WK, I recommend morning, afternoon, night, because from what I’ve seen it works best if you give yourself 4 hours between the first two and 8 hours between the second two. Note that WK works on the hours, and (I think) rounds down. So if there’s an 8-hour gap after reviews you do from 12:00pm-12:30pm, everything will be up for a new review at exactly 8:00pm.

-Save new lessons for that morning review session. Work through all lessons that you have (or at least as many as you can, and save any extras for the next morning). Make sure you really take the time to digest the meaning and reading, the less you get it wrong in the future the faster you’ll go

-Do the first review for those lessons in the afternoon (The first review slot unlocks 4 hours after lessons)

-Do the second review at night (8 hours after the previous one)

-Do the third review the following night (24 hours after)

-Do the last (last in the sense of getting to Guru, anyways) review the night after tomorrow (48 hours)

-Do the lessons that unlock with guruing something the following morning

Based on that (and someone please let me know if part of that is wrong), you’ll be leveling up every 8 days (Apprentice I, II, III on day 1, App IV on day 2, day 3 nothing, Guru I on day 4, new lessons up to App III on day 5, App IV on day 6, day 7 nothing, Guru I for the second wave on day 8, rinse repeat)

The only challenge I can forsee with that schedule is older reviews coming in and dogpiling a single day, which can throw off everything if you (like me) don’t use any kind of override script

Here’s what my levels have looked like, in case anyone was interested:

Wow that ended up being way more lengthy than the quick thank you I had set out to make. Anyways, hopefully this thread will he helpful to others as well. Thanks guys.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.