Anybody else practice hiragana and katakana over and over while you wait for the next lesson?

I’ve been using quizzes from sporcle to help make sure I don’t lose my hiragana and katakana skills anytime soon.

1 Like

I found that writing down the entire alphabet without looking at a reference really helps as well. Also, after a while of doing reviews, hiragana will be hammered into your mind pretty well.

5 Likes

I just did Anki reviews for hiragana/katakana, and there was a web browser game that had quizzes I think. :thinking: Forgot what it’s called… “kana attack”? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This one?

5 Likes

I used Kana Warrior on Kongregate at the beginning. It helped me quite a bit.

Edit: Your red eyed cats are creeping me out :anguished:

5 Likes

Been digging into my history, found them: This (Hiragana Drag-n-Drop Exercise) and this (Hiragana | Real Kana)

Really old material, but it’s what TextFugu recommended in their lesson, so I used those :stuck_out_tongue:

Mission accomplished :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

When I first started I came across this app called Kana Dojo. They have games like Eye Spy where you have to locate kana as many kana as you can before time runs out, and Matchmaker which is the typical flip the card over and find its pair. It helped quite a bit to cement them in my head, and was pretty fun. You can also quiz yourself on all the voiced kana.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastbreakapps.kanadojo

Funnily enough the kana in that app’s little preview icon is effectively wrong. The real Japanese word dōjō is どうじょう with the long ō sound for both vowels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s 土壌(どじょう), “soil”

2 Likes

Ah yes, kana dirt. And then the う gets cut off at the end. Just no room on the icon, nothing you can do about that.

5 Likes

Hopefully it’s not 奴女.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.