Any Indians who have subscribed to wanikani

こんにちは、I am from India. I tried subscribing to wanikani but my card was declind several times. I really like the wanikani kanji programe and i want to buy the monthly subscribtion.

Any indian who have subscribed to wanikani, i really need help …

6 Likes

I know sometimes credit card companies get really cautious about where you try to use your card. Have you contacted the WK administrators about this? They can help you out on this, I’m sure.

4 Likes

I Am An Indian And The Same Thing Happend to me . I Emailed Them And They Said I could Do It With Paypal

4 Likes

I think this is due to recent rule change by Reserve Bank of India. Now all Indian credits cards do not have facility of international transactions by default. And if you want to do one, you need to contact your credit card company and ask them to enable international transaction facility on your card.

2 Likes

But, can i get montly subscription.
I read somewhere that you could only get yearly subscribtion by paypal.

2 Likes

Ya They Said I Couldn’t Do It Monthly . They Can Maximum Make It 3 Months Or Half Yearly As Paypal Transactions . I Did The 3 month Subscription . This Was The Email Chain For Reference. Happy WaniKani .

3 Likes

I’m from India. Bought Wanikani lifetime sub back in 2016.
You probably just need to login to your internet banking and enable international transactions on your card which is disabled by default.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. I reached out to them and they are willing to accept payment through PayPal.

2 Likes

You Are Welcome . Hope You Have A happy Wanikani journey

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.