Another 'Should I reset' thread, need a bit of encouragement

I already use the reorder script for my reviews. But that does not allow me to revisit my burn items in the same way that I can by resetting.
Ideally, Id love to ‘unburn’ all my burn items to say the ‘Master’ tier in the SRS. That way I could revisit all the items in level order, quickly sort out the ones I remember, while throwing the ones I dont back into the SRS. rfindleys burn manager will only allow me to revive them to apprentice 1, in which case I could also just reset. I took a look at (also) rfindeleys self study quiz, but that wont log my progress there (as in, as soon as I close the window it wont remember which I got right and which I didn’t).

I might add: I don’t intend to start WK again that soon (or atleast I dont intend to do it ‘full time’ in terms of my Japanese studies), as I really wanna finish off good amounts of the grammar before getting back, as it gives me a really good sense of progress at the moment. My go to routine at the moment is to look at a bunch of grammar (I like Tae Kim, but I am looking up most things in parallel with other sources as well, which kinda helps solidate everything, as I don’t have a language partner or anyone to speak to), recognize it in videos/media and also look up words on jisho.

What I can do though, is do the early/easy levels in parallel with the grammar. This way I’ll have exposure to both, have a restart with a clean feel, without having to resort to a metric ton of user scripts and work arounds. Also the dread… As soon as WK picks up, I can focus my attention on it more and really get bck into it.

This might be a stupid idea though.

I’m really glad to hear that you are in a much better head space now! sounds like at least that part of it won’t be a concern for you which is great! Best of luck, whichever route you decide to take!

Either the language learning theory is not that good or I’m that special. So many concepts feel wrong to me. Yet I’m fairly successful when it comes to learning languages. Solidifying and system don’t seem to be that much of a deal. I find natural flow to be way more important. My hiragana is still far from perfect and my katakana is just ass. Yet my japanese seems to be doing fine. I find things to stick way better when learned naturally. I tried jumping to content without a dedicated kanji course even, but 3 minutes of content took me 3+hours, so now I’m here for a while. :slight_smile: lf being unsystematic makes you quit, its bad, but if it doesn’t, then it’s like that “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” thing imo.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.