[Anki Deck Template] WK Anki, Crihak's Flavor

The easiest way would be to just hit enter and don’t care that the input field is red (anki doesn’t care, you still need to grade yourself on each answer whether you typed it or not) :slight_smile:

If its existence bothers you, you can go edit → cards and then delete the {{typeans:blah}} part on both sides

1 Like

Haha, it did bother me since I felt like I was being scolded by a teacher :sweat_smile: Thank you for the solution, this is wonderful!

1 Like

Hi, hinekidori. Do you, by any chance, have 10k Core vocab deck with this template?

1 Like

Here you go.

[ So Much Vocab! ]

It’s not the same, there are no panels on the back

If all you want is the core10k content with my template, maybe this will help?

Ah sorry. Here is the updated version.

2 Likes

It’s a bit complicated for me xD. Your deck contains a lot of subdecks and I’m not sure how to correctly import CSV file.

Thank you!

Yeah, I kinda made it for myself so unfortunately that means it wound up a bit “developer-friendly” :slight_smile:

Good thing @hinekidori had what you were looking for!

Hi @hinekidori thank you for your awesome templates!

There’s something in the code that causes errors on the latest AnkiMobile version. It might have something to do with the

***** The back displays fine if I have “Never Type Answer” option turned off in AnkiMobile *****

The issue occurs on your most recent template:

I get the following errors on the Vocab Recall cards, both front and back:

• Invalid HTML on card: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘a.addEventListener’)

I get this error on the Vocab Recognition card; the front displays correctly but the back shows this error:

• Invalid HTML on card: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘document.getElementById(‘typeans’).childNodes’)

I’m sorry to bother you, but I don’t know anything about editing the code to fix this. I really want to continue using your template on Anki Mobile.

Could you please help my fix this? Thank you!

I’ll have a look during the next few days, if that’s OK.

@hinekidori, it seems you’ve already looked into this, do you know off the top of your head what causes it? It seems like some of the html code used by anki (like ‘#typeans’) has been renamed?

@crihak thank you for the quick response and for offering to look at this!

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post:

• The back on both cards displays fine if I have “Never Type Answer” option turned off in AnkiMobile

If it is just the #typeans just needs to be renamed, I can do that much.

I really appreciate the help!

Wait, looking closer at your post I’m confused… you were taking about @hinekidori’s templates rather than mine?

I just assumed since you posted in this thread that it was my templates :slight_smile:

@crihak my apologies for hijacking your thread, but I didn’t know how else to contact @hinekidori about his template.

1 Like

Well, it means no debugging for me, so I’ll take it as a win :slight_smile:

@crihak I have a question if you don’t mind answering.

At the beginning of hinekidori’s cards, there’s a huge script section of out-dated jquery and wanakana code but in your card template it’s just ( <script src="_jquery-3.1.1.min.js"></script> ) and ( <script src="_wanakana.min.js"></script> )

Where is all the JavaScript code in your template? How can I simplify his code or change it to behave like yours?

Sorry to bother you with all this but I would appreciate your guidance.

On the cards that use the various functions I’ve build using javascript, you should be able to see links to the files that contain them, such as

<script src="_wk_countdown.js"></script>

which includes the code for the countdown functionality. If it’s just jquery and wanakana, you’re probably looking at a card/side that doesn’t use any of those :slight_smile:

(BTW, you may know this, but the underscore in the beginning of the filename is to tell anki not to delete these files if you perform a cleanup of unused media)

Got the impression that @Kosezu is also asking about the path of the files. Where would one need to place the script so it would be discoverable or bundled with the deck. I can see that on my install it’s using a local AppData folder, but that tells me that there’s probably a different location relative to the deck that you might use when developing… or something.

Ah, you put them in the collections.media folder.

The easiest way to find it is to go to preferences → backups tab and then click the “Open backup folder”.

The collections.media folder should be in the same parent directory as the backups folder.

1 Like