Anki core 2k/6k VS Torii SRS 10k. Pros and cons

Hey, I’ve been trying Anki core 10k and Tango N5. Both doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve been wondering about Torii and the core 2K/6K since both seem to work for me but I don’t know which one to pick. I think a table of pros and cons would help me but anything else would be a blessing as well

1 Like

I’m a bit of a Torii fan and suggest it to learners any chance I get. It’s my main choice mostly because it uses the same input-style “type your answer” system that Wanikani does, rather than the flashcard style of Anki. But I think another major allure of Torii is that you can customize which aspects of the 10k are presented to you first - do you want to start with N2 vocab? A mix of N4 and N3? Do you just want to start from the bottom, or maybe get a true mix of every level? No matter what your goals are, Torii does a pretty great job of accommodating them while being totally free.

4 Likes

What worked for you and what didn’t work for you specifically with the decks? Was it the lack of features? Choice of vocabulary?

The Core 2.3k deck in my experience is quite solid. I haven’t used Torii, though.

2 Likes