Animation to help remember 止 and 正

A quick animation I threw together in about 30 minutes to help remember the 止 and 正 kanji!

39 Likes

I like the concept, very helpful! The only thing I would recommend (if you’re not looking for constructive criticism please stop reading and I’m sorry) is that instead of 止 becoming smaller and replaced by 正 getting bigger (it is a little jarring to the eye when they overlap), you keep the kanji the same size as it is in second 5 and just shorten the third stroke of 止 and add the stroke on top. Maybe have the stop sign turn green when 正 comes up, too? Just a thought. Thank you for making this!

4 Likes

I’m glad you like it, and thank you for the advice! These are some good recommendations and I’ll see if I can modify it to include those changes when I get a chance.

3 Likes

There is also a thread for artsy mnemonics like this one!

5 Likes

Thanks, I was wondering if something like that existed!

1 Like

This is perfect. Very simple and easy to conceptualize. Good work!

2 Likes

Here’s an updated version with your suggestions! I had some difficulty implementing them but I think it turned out alright. :smiley:

15 Likes

OH MY STARS!!! 完璧!!!
It’s everything I ever wanted and more. I love it! Time to give it 300 views all on my own!

4 Likes

I will forever remember the word correct being underlined because of this. Thank you, this is extremely helpful :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m so glad you like it so much, that made my day! :smile:

Awesome, glad it helps!

I just pretend the line on top is a graduation cap you get for doing stuff correctly in college /:

3 Likes

Yeah, but why do something the simple way when you can do it the time-consuming and convoluted way? :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.