[Android] Kanji Graph - a smart dictionary and review app

Kanji Graph is a free and add free Japanese-English and Japanese-Japanese android dictionary app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talutalu.k

You can use parts of kanjis you already know to look for new ones. So you should already know some of them and have an intermediate level to make the best use of that app.

The app will keep track of your kanji reading knowledge and you can also review them in a graph quiz where words sharing kanji readings are close to each other.

That app helped me to read native material and to have statistics about my kanji knowledge without having to review them. It also helped me to have a goal during the pandemic. I hope that it can help others as well. Let me know how to improve it!

2 Likes

This looks good, I’ll give it a try.

Thank you!

1 Like

There is some strange behavior with the input, cf video (20MB https://tof.karmina.fr/9c767c99f9871c0b/21-08-10-08-41-51.mp4).

It would be great if there was a reverse search (english to japanese) but I understand it’s a whole other dimension to add.

Thank you for your feedback :blush:

The input is custom made (I tried to explain it when you touch the question mark buble at the bottom right) mostly to allow search on kanji parts.

Entering a space will create a new input with a blue background (this is a bit confusing though because the Japanese keyboard will also use a blue background until you hit enter or select a word out of the auto completion list). I’ll polish that feature (to make it at least possible to remove some characters).

Thank you for the English → Japanese suggestion. There are still a lot of things to improve but receiving feedback keeps me motivated!

1 Like

Maybe create a popup/tutorial that is displayed when the app first launch?

Ok! I think that a video showing the features can also be useful. What tool did you use to record your phone?

Built in on my android 10

Thank you again for your time :slight_smile:

I saw that you had a fr-en keyboard. My native language is French. Passe une bonne journée :wink:

Bonne continuation sur le dev. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I recently pushed an update with the reverse search feature and an hopefully better input!

The reverse search feature will be triggered when the word cannot be fully transformed into hiraganas (if it contains a “l” or a “b” for instance). It’s not perfect but it works on most cases.

I also made a video on the play store to better explain the search feature.

Thank you again for your feedback :slight_smile: