[Android] Flaming Durtles - Android app with offline support

That’s the number of items that will impact leveling up.

1 Like

hello all,

in “close enough” mode, i was shown 折る and i typed “to pray” (wrong answer). It was accepted as close enough to “to break”.
The app asks for visual inspection, but the smartphone keyboard being so bad I tend to presume it was a typo, and skip the inspection entirely.

Could the close enough checker a bit more strict, please ? Worst case, I can “undo” if it is too strict occasionly.

regards, peace

afaik the close enough words are on WK team’s hand, not the app.

It’s actually implemented on the client side, but afaik the app uses the same algorithm as WK (but obviously some differences might appear since they’re implemented separately). If the WK added “to pray” to the block list that would definitely fix that particular case.

That was what I meant, but it wasn’t clear indeed, thank you. :slight_smile:

Hello,

The app can’t seems to be able to download any sound. Has it ever happened to anyone else?

Hi, love the app, but is there a way to use dark mode but still have the backgrounds of the subject types still be blue, pink and purple like in light mode, instead of the font colour of the kanji being different.

I’ve tried a lot of things but can’t seem to get it to work. I’m guessing this either isn’t a feature yet or I’m missing something obvious. :sweat_smile:

I attached some images to show what I mean

Thanks!

1 Like

Try resetting cache/database or reinstall the app. This sometimes fixes things.

Yeah I doubt that’s a feature or is going to be one any time soon. That said, half the screen covered by a flashy color doesn’t seem very dark mode to me.

I had the same question when I started using dark mode. I don’t think you can change the whole background, but you can change the font colors to match the official WK blue, pink, purple if you want:

(Under Settings > Display Settings > Theme Customization…)

I chose green for vocab because the purple wasn’t showing up well, but the others should be pretty close to the website colors.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s a neat idea!

2 Likes

Is your network access rule set to “always”? Otherwise, it might be waiting for WiFi.

Today on Android language hints seemed to stop working. It no longer switches between English and Japanese keyboard for me. I’m using GBoard. This might be a change in the keyboard itself, I doubt the app changed anything. I don’t know what to do to fix this. I might report it to Google.

3 Likes

I have the same problem since today!
I don’t know if this comes from the Google keyboard or the app though…

1 Like

I have no clue what “language hints” are but I doubt it’s the Flaming Durtles app. I can switch and use between English and Japanese Gboard just fine.

Same issue here, the keyboard doesn’t switch automatically any more… I’m assuming the keyboard updated (as the app hasn’t updated in a while) and broke it…

3 Likes

Yep same issue. Quite annoying I must say.

Language hints lets the app automatically “hint” the right keyboard to use, so it would automatically switch to the correct one without having to manually select it. I have five different keyboards on my phone so having to cycle through them to find the correct one is quite tedious…

4 Likes

Agreed, I’ve got 3 keyboards and it’s already a pain.

My solution right now is to set all of the Meaning reviews to Anki mode, so that I don’t have to type anything, then keep my phone on the Japanese keyboard for the readings. It’s not perfect, but it saves me from having to switch keyboards a million times.

3 Likes

Ah, I was wondering what you guys were talking about but I’ve had the Anki mode active for meanings already for a while, so I didn’t notice that something broke

2 Likes

I do precisely the same thing!

1 Like

Hey y’all! Installed the app today and I’m already obsessed (because BLACK THEME!!! FINALLY!!)

I just have a small issue with the colors in the level progression table. The purple and pink combo in the light theme looks good, but I really really don’t like the colors in the black theme (attached picture for reference). Is there any way I can customize it?

(I’m sorry if someone has already asked this question. I did spend around 1 hour searching for an answer, but couldn’t find any :frowning:)

1 Like