[Android] Flaming Durtles - Android app with offline support

The new items that WaniKani has recently added to the earlier levels aren’t showing up in the app, neither the lessons nor the reviews.

Seems like the API is a bit slower to add new items than the website, because the same thing is happening this week.

I assume they’ll appear for me tomorrow.

You can force the new items to appear by resetting the app’s database. It’s somewhere down in the settings and will take a few minutes.

They’ve appeared naturally for me now, I wonder how often it updates the database by itself.

Im stuck with 600 reviews a day and a tonne of the words I dont know first in the deck. Does anyone know how to swap it so I review the cards closest to burn first then get harder?

1 Like

If you go to the advanced review settings, you can reorder your reviews according to certain rules. One of those possible reorder rules should to sort them based on SRS.

Also, stop doing lessons jebus lord. 600 reviews a day is way too much. It doesn’t give you enough time to learn from your mistakes. Work on your Apprentice count and get to about 100 Apprentice items before even considering doing more lessons.

This script might help:

4 Likes

ORZ… Thanks, I’m currently using the following settings

Order: SRS level, stage
Overdue items first
Priority: level up items first

But it seems to always start from my most recent lessons first then go to old vocab which means I’m doing 200 or so hard words before I get to anything I’m confident with. ;( I wish I could do it the other way around.

I had about a 6 month break so now I cry every day trying to get to Zero haha Don’t follow my lead and get to confident and do lots of lessons then go on break :joy:

1 Like

Isn’t there like a reverse order button or something? I could’ve sworn there was.

I recommend doing no lessons, and at most 100 reviews a day. The pile will grow at first, but it allows to get those apprentice and guru items up, without them coming back all at once as well. If you feel like you can do more a day, go ahead, but take your time with those first 100. Then when 100 Apprentice is reached, start considering restarting your lessons. Because 600 reviews a day is not a thing that can be done long term.

1 Like

I just changed to SRS stage in Order

for priority is it recommended to change from none to any other?

1 Like

I’d say level-up items first is a good option

1 Like

thanks!

I also set to overdue items first, I dont know what It would impact.

For lessons any recommendation on advanced settings?

1 Like

For lessons, sort on “level, type”

It’s important to finish your vocab before continuing with your radicals and kanji. It helps enforcing the readings of the previous kanji you learned.

2 Likes

In the app it said to go here if I wanted to get support. I’m just reporting a bug. For 早々 the answer “immediately” doesn’t work even though it’s listed as a correct answer. Just letting you know.

Wanikani lists “Immediately After” as a valid answer, not just “Immediately”. Could this be the issue?

1 Like

Made a typo while doing my first review session on a phone due to not being used to my new phones keyboard and I nearly started crying… Was looking for the undo button in the review because I thought it was baked in.
Yes, it’s a feature, I just didn’t have it enabled… Resolved now after reading all the top post…
Thank you for the great app, shame I’m too dumb to not read fully first!! <3
Now all I wish I could do is go back and change that review from a past session… But clearly that would defeat the whole purpose :upside_down_face:

Hi,
While using this wonderful app, I tried create a Self-Study quiz with “Incorrect answers less than” and I put in six hours. No study appeared and it went to the home screen. I certainly had mistakes during my reviews. Other types of self-study quizzes work, but for some reason not this one.
Perhaps it’s because I used the desktop version of WaniKani to do my reviews? I’m reasonably sure no other filter criteria is active. Am I doing something wrong?

After some experimentation, I have realized that you have to do the reviews in Flaming Durtles for the app to know which items you got wrong.

Does anyone have trouble with getting flaming durtle to display the new items? I had to go to the website to do the lessons, and after doing them I still don’t get the reviews.

They automatically appeared for me every time after several hours. No issues. Did you try a database reset?

1 Like

It has never been an issue until now.
I also forced a sync. Or is that not a database reset?