Already missing the "Session Review" summary page

I thought it was no longer showing due to a bug. I would like to have it back as well.

4 Likes

This is my first post in the forums. Please hear us out, the session review summary page is beyond helpful to our learning. Our appreciation and outcry for the review page isn’t just because things have changed. Of course there will be people who don’t like the new update because change is scary. But the lack of a review page hinders our learning. Above this comment are some testimonials to this fact, but for me the session review kept me on track and by striving to reach the 89% mark(no reason in particular). It also allowed me to notice which words I kept failing and pay attention to them. Please bring it back, or at least make it optional.

13 Likes

I basically never post here because I’m deep in the WK grind and enjoying the ride, but it was a bit startling to log in today and find a few rather bemusing and confusing WK changes like the session review page dissapearing and some other odd style changes to the WK review interface that seems to have made everything smaller (like why is the WK review UI now taking up like 30 % less space than before? I have all this monitor space, use it!)

Also the number of reviewed items counter dissapearing is pretty sad too, because it’s another one of those small things that gave me enough dopamine to keep going!

… Anyways, back to reviews, hope they fix this though.

11 Likes

Also first time posting in the forums, the session review is a critical aspect of the review experience and should be returned. Nobody asked for it’s removal and we’re left with a less experience by its loss.

6 Likes

Edit: Nevermind, I do miss the summary but I think Tofugu may have a valid technical reason (related to session timeout) for removing it. Just an hypothesis though.

1 Like

Lesson Summary
-Rereview the Kanji and Readings after going over them in the lessons because the “recently learned” sometimes was built up to 1000. Just wanted to review the most recent ones, not all 100 from the level.

Review Summary
-% Success rate and rereview of missed items. Recent mistakes works for this, but only if you only review once a day. Same issue as lesson summary - I only want to review the most recent mistakes, not all 24 hours of them.

This is a very strange change.

6 Likes

I absolutely do not understand why they would remove functionality like this.

Was it somehow making the website slower? Why not make the summary page toggle-able or have a separate section of the homepage dedicated to recent summaries?

And as for the blue rectangle around the prompt…

1 Like

Agreed why take that away?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure what the reasoning in taking the summary page away was. The percentage of correct answers was always a bit weird to me, but it was good to see which ones you got right and wrong.

2 Likes

commenting to agree! please bring back the summary page WK!

3 Likes

I also want the summary page back! As many others I used it review what I did wrong in my (often very long) review sessions!

2 Likes

Not the same since it uses your total percent instead of per card but WK History (saraqael-m.github.io) at least shows the accuracy for the day. Personally I’m using the Flaming Durtles app on android as it has double check functionality and gives a great summary at the end. If you have a galaxy device you can even use Samsung Dex to use your keyboard and mouse with the app, cause Romanji input on mobile is painful

+1 here, feeling weirdley unaccomplished after each session

5 Likes

I am actually glad the summary page is gone from the reviews process. It disrupted the flow of jumping in and out of reviews quickly (I’m trying to make sure I spend less time with flashcards and more on reading so the kanji stick better). It has bugged me since I started using this site and I am beyond happy it is gone for my study style and priorities.

That being said, I can see the need for a summary for some folks. So maybe a setting that lets you toggle this page on/off in reviews. Or have a summary of recent mistakes or last review in the ‘extra study’ section.

2 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t care less for scripts and other crutches people use to cheat the system, but I really need to see the session review page come back.

2 Likes

+1

I also loved the review summary page. It made it easier to see the percentage of questions I got correct.

1 Like

Yeah. Like really. No on ever asked about removing it. It was one of the best features.

1 Like

Totally agree. For me it’s super useful to quickly review what I got wrong in a session, and it feels jarring not to have it after so many years of being used to it. I do hope it’s added back soon.

3 Likes

I also miss this feature. Please add back.

1 Like

Missing this a lot!

It really disrupts my flow to try to look up items during the review after I fail them, and the summary page was great for just quickly pulling up again the items I failed and reviewing them extra.

5 Likes