All right, who broke the poll thread?

It’s the only one I know about, but don’t tell anyone.

4 Likes

Huh. It truncated the thread after her poll post. I was gonna suggest she use her Activity tab to go delete it if she gets a minute, but the thread actually cuts off at 5386 posts now, so TheMusicalNinja has all these Missingno posts in her history.

I guess Discourse should probably fix that, especially since it could be used maliciously. Nice job finding the bug!

4 Likes

21 Likes

Poll thread broken again!? What are you all doing in there exactly :sweat:

3 Likes

Just trying to POLL as hard as we can. On the plus side at least we’re testing the limits of the forum servers, and we’re not even getting paid :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Now that is just godawful :ok_hand: :100: :1st_place_medal: I feel like Picasso rose from his grave just to make this masterpiece.

aaah, @TheMusicalNinja - what have you done?! :open_mouth: now that i can’t POLL, i guess i have to just do my lessons instead …

kinda proud of you, though, for POLLing so hard the thread broke xD

2 Likes

I’m broken-hearted. :broken_heart:

1 Like

@Abstormal just managed to make a post to the poll thread. But I still can’t read the thread. Weird.

1 Like

I had it open from last night, and managed to post… but…

I can’t see my own post =P
But hey! Sometimes getting a post in fixes it… but not yet… =P

3 Likes

I was able to open the poll thread again, though it opens up top only. Was able to reply, though not sure if they actually got posted or not =P

I believe that worked one of the first times it crashed, in the original poll thread :wink:

if we make enough replies, will the thread-breaking post not be loaded when showing the then newest one? (clear what i mean?)

2 Likes

They’re showing on your profile page’s ‘activity’ tab, so they’re going in the database. It’s when the page tries to render TheMusicalNinja’s poll extravaganza that it crashes. That one post is probably going to have to get deleted, then it will all work again. I’m guessing.

Poll… fiesta!
Poll plethora

In theory, but you’d have to find a way to jump to the end, not the last-unread. You could do it by clicking a link to the last comment itself instead of the thread, I think.

Yeah, if we make enough replies we can go to the bottom, and be far enough from the apollcalype post for it not to be loaded, and thus it works again =)

The area around it will still be dead (I’m not sure if the mods was able to delete it either, that first time)

If you grab the scroll bar you can jump to the bottom.

1 Like

or type the url with a specific post#
https://community.wanikani.com/t/like-wanikani…-but-for-polls/32796/**5390** (the current newest one)

1 Like

@MinnieK
how did you like a post that i can’t even display? :laughing:

1 Like

I tried grabbing the scroll bar like @Abstormal suggested, I tried following @ghostofshikaji 's link to the last post. Then typed it in myself to be brought to the last point. Signed out and signed back in.

Still can’t use the poll thread. :thinking:

Discrimination against Cybertronians! D:<

5 Likes

If it’s any consolation, neither can I… :sob:

2 Likes