All about the kanji 人 (video)

I didn’t notice the lack of a bgm, but I did notice the audio quality. Two easy things you can do to help with that are purchase a decent desktop mic (Blue is a good company but I don’t know what’s easily available or not in Japan) and a pop filter. If you still get those pops and echos you may also want to spread a blanket over you and the microphone while recording.

I have a nice mic and a pop filter, but I might have been too close to the mic anyway.

I imagine as I get more used to recording audio, I’ll get better. This was the first video that wasn’t just me recording with my computer or iPad or something.

3 Likes

I agree. Background music is a real distraction for me, to the point that I just can’t listen to something if it has it. Those Japanese Ammo videos are great, for example, but sometimes I just have to turn off because of the background music driving me nuts.

Oh ok. Yeah, just keep experimenting with your setup and settings until you get a good audio quality.

Yea, this is definitely a great video. Would love to see one for 月.

Similarly, it would be nice to see some videos on words with the same meanings (like ‘government’ or ‘personality/character’ - but that’s probably just cause I’m on the level where a lot of those start coming up haha.

nicely done though!

Wow, This was really helpful.

On duolingo, the readings kept changing, and I never knew why

Thanks!

1 Like

this is a fantastic video, @Leebo. thanks!

i’d be really interested in a video on the kanji, . i feel that kanji is used in a pretty wide variety of words and concepts, and it would be interesting (and probably helpful to my memory) to learn more about it.

2 Likes

Very nice video.

My only suggestion would be to have a basic 5 minute beginners video for the likes of myself, that covers the absolute basics, and the full version for those a bit higher up the learning scale.

1 Like

:crying_cat_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.