Ahhh Level 14 so this is what all the fuss is about

It’s only a small CONCEPT this Level 14 trauma. How hard can it be? Could it be SOOOOOOO 想 hard that I don’t know which 想 is coming next…and who will it be partnered with? I can 感 work it out surely.

It will not beat me. I’ve got donuts and gin ready to help me through!

17 Likes

Good luck :hugs:
Soon it’s gonna be my turn as well :nerd_face:

Because I already know many words with Kanji from this level, it is very easy actually. 映画、銀行、感じ you come across very commonly

1 Like

If you’re having a problem with this concept, you’re probably not going to consent to the employment of other groups of synonyms you’ll come across as you progress further.

5 Likes

I remembered concept by thinking: When Japanese people graps a concept, they say そうですね~

7 Likes

Haha, me too!

1 Like

Level 15 was around the time my correct answer percentages started to take a dip. It’s even worse for me now.

1 Like

I’m almost through with level 14 - less than 10% left on the kanji!

That vocab though…

I probably won’t finish until level…infinity.

At least level 15 has some easy looking (i already know) kanji to look forward to! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve finished Level 14 today!! Hurray. It actually took me less than my average time to level up which is exactly 10 days - and Level 14 took me 9 days and 20 hours. I don’t kill myself to review things at fixed optimal times or any of that jazz - I generally review 2/3 times a day and do all my lessons when they appear. What I notice is that the more I get wrong right at the beginning of a level the quicker I learn them - which is what happened with Level 14. It’s almost as though I need to get them wrong in order for them to stick. All in all the Level was fine in the end. Level 15 is looking much nicer in comparison though.

2 Likes

I’m expecting this to happen to me too Marumara.

Yay you made it through to 15 :slight_smile:

Sidebar: During Level 14 I got 私 wrong. Bahahahaha. I blame my teething non-sleeping baby.

2 Likes

Thanks for noticing! And congrats to you too on level 15!

Loving the level 15 kanji so far - they just make more sense.

1 Like

I don’t do well with those kinds of vocab. I still have them swimming around in apprentice and guru region. It’s a vicious cycle

1 Like

I don’t think it’s 想 bad.

At around level 50 though, I swear there are thirty different words for “regret,” “neglect,” and “sluggish” that are still giving me a devil of a time… now I’ve got the “hate” ones mixed up with them too :frowning:

3 Likes

Gawd yes the synonyms. I’m stuck in kan/sou/jyou hell too. I really wish there was a way to skip (as in not study) some of the superfluous vocabulary words. Like pick 2 that are useful and make the others optional.

1 Like

So how is it going? I just got to level 14 this morning. It actually feels good to have to learn only 6 radicals finally :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

15 is good. I’m getting bored for the first time though - so I’m adding variety by reading news websites and browsing random Japanese language articles too. My motivation dips a little every now and again. I don’t fight it - which I think is key. I accept it and just lower my expectation until it returns again. Which it always does. Plus I found I could read almost a full article on NHK business news the other day which was great for upping the motivation again. I do have a degree in Japanese though - I’ve just forgotten the kanji over the years and some of the more advanced grammar.

3 Likes

HOLD ME I’M SCARED

2 Likes

you will be missed
rip :cry:

2 Likes