Ah! Everything looks different!

How do I collapse a post?

In this case, use ``` above and below the code. That will format it nicer and should make it scrollable.

In non-code cases, you want to use

[details=“Summary”]
Hidden stuff here
[/details]

1 Like

IMG_20190523_152318
Well, I’ll be more enthusiastic to do my reviews just to make this little red thing to dissappear.

7 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I saw an opportunity to help a fellow language learner! 深呼吸 (しんこきゅう) is the word you’re looking for.

1 Like

Dark themes always remind me of Geocities sites in the 1990s. :wink:

4 Likes

EMBRACE CHANNNGEE!!

New Tofugu logo too. I like it!

01%20pm

Interaction design student, would love to hear your thoughts. I’ve had thoughts brewing about the reviews page for a long time, but when they mentioned new designs, I thought I’d wait to see what they did.

The text changes to Japanese when you click on them.

11%20pm

9 Likes

I also miss seeing my level without having to click anything.

I like the new buttons, though, to say something nice for a change.

Ok, Tofugu’s I like. Very imposing and it reminds me of old-school Nickelodeon cartoon logos for some reason.

2 Likes

Yep!

… 10 chars limit.

I’ve got to get use to the new colors but for the logo, the previous one looked more like an illustration. What makes this new logo more versatile/successful is it will translate well in black and white and it is simplified to increase the legibility at smaller scales. I’m a graphic designer btw.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see some people have calmed down and are no longer outright against the changes. Fyi :rofl: I’m dying at the people who say they hate the new colors even though they have been rolled back to the old ones.

So to sum up what a lot of people are saying: This is just majority and does not mean it’s The Truth.

• The new colors were not good but mostly just the apprentice color. The contrast between some of the colors did not work with some of the colored text. (ex. incorrect/correct bubbles in reviews)

• Having an extra click to get to the lessons and reviews is bad.

• Not having the level indicator on the home screen is bad.

• The 42+ being removed is 75% good.

• “My sCRipTs aRenT WOrKinG” (Dudes it’s been one day, give people some time to work on them.)

• The logo: 55% hate it and won’t give it a chance, 37.5% thinks it just needs improvement, 7.5% likes it how it is

• Missing community button

• Notification bubble on hamburger menu: 50% like/50% hate :woman_shrugging:

Demands Suggestions made:

• Return the lessons, reviews, and level to the home screen.

• Change the lesson and review green, blue, and red so they match the rest of the site.

• Center the logo/remove empty spaces on the header.

• The crabigator is hard to distinguish in the logo. Add some color or rework it so people can tell that it is a wani+kani.

Dang guys, 700 posts in less than 24 hours!

31 Likes

How about a beta version where you invite some users to try out new features/interfaces before rolling out on the whole platform?

6 Likes

I like the new logo and top menu :slight_smile: Stylish and clean

5 Likes

Wow, the outrage when something slightly changes never ceases to amaze me. The new logo looks awesome, very modern and nicely designed. I also like the top header, the only thing that bothered me a bit is that you can’t see your level right away. Other than that… the new design is great. The old one really was a bit outdated, like come on guys. I know not everyone has the same taste but some of y’all might be exaggerating a bit here, you’ll get used to it in a day anyways.

10 Likes

There already is one~ people are speedy bro

1 Like

Tried to make it more crab-like with claws and shell :stuck_out_tongue: The one they made is softer and cuter though

edit: I didn’t realize those were claws in the original design :o I see it now!

22 Likes

Thank you all for the hard work you’ve put in!

6 Likes

Now there’s a fellow who knows how color theory works.

7 Likes

No matter how bad yesterday’s changes might be, they are still way better than this incarnation of the Doctor!

3 Likes