Ah! Everything looks different!

Yeah! I like it too!

It is a nice surprise.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not an issue with OpenFramework? If I try to load https://www.wanikani.com/ I get the follow error in the console:

Unhandled promise rejection Couldn't extract username from user menu!  Not logged in?
1 Like

It did age very well

3 Likes

There currently is a problem with Open Framework, but whether it’s working on https://www.wanikani.com/ versus https://www.wanikani.com/dashboard is not one of the problems :slight_smile:

BTW, I’ve already got a fix for the “can’t extract username”. I just haven’t uploaded it yet.

6 Likes

The lattices aren’t gone but they are in time-out right now. Those pages are really poor performers in regards to the server, even with caching. We’re looking for ways to present that information better.

30 Likes

Is it just me, or does the color still look off?
I feel like the original color was more of a #F00AA
Now its #DD0093
?
Am i crazy?

1 Like

Honestly y’all the old colors seem just as bright. Plus they kind of reminded me of the 90’s. It’s about time WK upgraded so good for them! :+1:

image imageimage

I also don’t see how the logo = fastfood logo? And really guys its just a color scheme that just happens to be red white and blue. It is hard to tell that it is a crab+gator but it is simple and easy to recognize.

4 Likes

Those colors look weird, not in the css kind of way, but like all of the image seems orange to me

1 Like

WTF is this new icon and banner heading? lol

1 Like

I was doing my reviews on my phone and had a legit ಠ_ಠ moment when I loaded back onto my dashboard (I was gone for 10 mins!). The colors aren’t awful on my phone buuuut…I’m curious to see how toasty of a mess the new colors are on my PC. Not crazy about the new logo but I could get used to it.

It is pretty boss that the change was seamless… I’m impressed.

1 Like

Everyone in this thread right now

giphy

12 Likes

You’re not, but.

2 Likes

Don’t like it at all

For all of you using WaniKani Dark Material, like I am, I modified Kumirei’s code to look nice on this style, too. Click on the little cog next to the style in Stylus and add this code at the end:

header.global-header {
background: #505565;
border: none;
box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, .1), 0 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, .25);
}

header.global-header a {
color: #bcbcbc !important;
}

.sitemap__page–lessons span,
.sitemap__page–reviews span {
background-color: #434858 !important;
}

.sitemap–divider {
border-color: #bcbcbc;
}

If you like it the way it looks (you can also tweak it on your own + the changes are in real-time), click the “Save” button to the left.

Edit: Here’s how it looks for me:

The logo and the “Review” and “Lessons” lettering look a little wonky, but I’m too used to Dark Material, I’m fine with this as a (hopefully) temporary solution.

4 Likes

I like the simplified logo. Having a mascot as a logo gets tricky since it doesn’t really reduce particularly well, especially getting down to mobile level. Having some clearer crab claws, maybe having them poking out from the circle would make the crab/gator a bit clearer as opposed to it looking just like an alligator, but it’s fine.

5 Likes

Oh snap. It really gives a Bootstrap UI kind of feel. Will take a bit of time to get used to clicking everything from the right.

I wonder if this is the beginning of an overall layout overhaul.

2 Likes

I honestly think the new layout isn’t so bad. Then again, the new logo just doesn’t do it for me; It almost looks like it was lifted from a totally different webpage, with the way the colors and art style don’t line up with the rest of the page

9 Likes

I would update the theme if I found the time for it, currently not really a priority.
The theme’s source code is open and can be found here.
If anyone wants to pick it up I can open commit access to the repo.

3 Likes

Thank you! I finally got it down :joy:

2 Likes