Ah! Everything looks different!

I just finished my reviews and was frightened by the look of the site. It’s pretty but I was like: “did the site just take me somewhere wrong?!”

95 Likes

Oh, no. :weary: But, why? :frowning:

11 Likes

The new color for apprentice is glaring.

6 Likes

Same here, I finished some reviews and thought “What happened? I was only in there for 5mins!”

9 Likes

A little too bright for my tastes? Thought there was something wrong with my screen for a minute there…:neutral_face:

29 Likes

Not a fan of this change

52 Likes

Did it change? Maybe a bit more saturated?

1 Like

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

43 Likes

Right? I only had like 20 reviews and when I came back my whole world view has changed.

11 Likes

Everything is brighter. u_u

2 Likes

If i can be critical…would have been more open to seeing them incorporate some of the more popular scripts, than just change the layout…

22 Likes

omg me too i fnished and like "wait these are the wrong colours wtf?
XD

6 Likes

I loved the old branding but hopefully this sticks after getting used to it a bit.

14 Likes

Yeah, not a fan either… the background for kanji’s instead of the nice standard pink is now a day-glo red, kinda hurts the eyes.

26 Likes

yep same here!
And… suppose scripts will need fixing to match the site? (cos nothing is working now)

9 Likes

Hasn’t it been the same for like 4 years? :joy: Why.

It was great that way. :cry:

17 Likes

Someone should create a “old school wani kani” script :joy:

71 Likes

I don’t like the new design but i know i’ll get used to it in a day

22 Likes

I thought one of my plugins had malfunctioned mid-review and completely drained the site’s saturation slightly. Surprising, but I kind of dig it!

6 Likes

I’m more a fan of pastels so this switch to the more saturated and vibrant colors is a bit odd for me but acceptable for what wanikani is, I think.

5 Likes