Advice for Udemy JLPT Courses

I recently hit Level 10 and have done the first lesson on the Udemy JLPT N5 course but I’m not sure what the best way to proceed is.

Should I treat it kind of like spaced repetition and go through the same lesson again a day later and then a couple days later? This could get time consuming though once I’ve done more lessons as I’ll literally have hours of footage to watch at a time.

Or should I do a lesson a day or spend a week on one lesson, rewatching and reviewing the materials?

Any advice from anyone who have gone through these courses for the most optimal learning experience would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I didn‘t even now there are jlpt courses on udemy XD do they really work?

1 Like

Other than being a little bit dry, I don’t see why they wouldn’t. It’s all the material you’d learn in any other kind of Japanese course, but organized by JLPT level.

As for the main question… they’re not designed for SRSing the videos themselves… So unless you really need to review a specific concept, I wouldn’t be going back to review things you already watched. It’s structured to build on itself, so when they introduce new concepts, they also end up using the previous concepts again as well.

4 Likes

My worry is that if I just proceed through the lessons that I’ll end up forgetting the stuff I learnt, but concepts will just keep popping up so I won’t forget? Obviously I’ll keep reviewing the course materials I printed as well.

Do you suggest I do a lesson a day or several lessons a day? I have the time but I don’t want to burn myself out either.

It’s a self-paced course… go at whatever pace is comfortable for you.

3 Likes