Advanced Japanese Book Club // Reading 虐殺器官 - Genocidal Organ

I take back all my previous opinions about vote editing.

Sorry, I had only voted for one book, forgot to come back and put the rest…

3 Likes

Is there a e-book version for 雪国 anywhere? It would be a bit more convenient for studying :slight_smile:

Bookwalker has :slight_smile:

https://bookwalker.jp/de5302d6b5-a0a9-4e38-ba83-3da762942fa9/

5 Likes

Would you happen to know if that version would work on a kindle?

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it, unfortunately :sweat_smile: Books bought on Bookwalker can only be read with their app or in browser viewer

3 Likes

Damn…

Thanks though!

1 Like

You can get it on Amazon instead if you want it on kindle :slight_smile:

(Though you have to jump through a few hoops the first time you buy from the Japanese kindle store)

2 Likes

Could you be a bit more explicit about the hoops? Last time I tried I got denied because of my region (even with a vpn).

1 Like

Ah, thank you :blush:.

1 Like

For me it worked with fine with a Japanese adress as the main one and a vpn, so unfortunately I don’t know otherwise if that doesn’t work, though maybe there’s someone else that does :slight_smile: (what I did was basically just google it and follow along with the first guide I found, so I don’t remember that much about exactly what I did)

3 Likes

There are a number of posts on the forums that describe the process, e.g.

https://community.wanikani.com/t/x/10603/151

Or the excellent

Just keep in mind that they might be outdated… In that case your help to get them up-to-date will be appreciated! :wink:

7 Likes

Is poll closed? I’m excited. I’ve wanted to read this one for years.

1 Like

Yes, the poll is closed and the winner is 雪国. I’ll edit the OP when I have access to a computer.

1 Like

Yay! I’ve set up a home thread for it: 雪国 - Snow Country ⛄️❄️ (Advanced Book Club)

Also, we need to determine a reading schedule. I’ve started a discussion about this in the book’s home thread.

4 Likes

Thank you! I have updated the OP with the current info.

2 Likes

I’ve added a reading schedule to the Snow Country home thread. Now only one question remains: When do we want to start reading? The last week of Honsuki runs until Oct 23th, so here are some options:

• Start on Oct 24th (no break)
  • Start on Oct 31th (1 week break)
  • Start on Nov 7th (2 week break)
  • Start on some other date (please explain)

0 voters

Honzuki :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Were you able to continue buying without a VPN after the first time? I used a VPN the first time but havent tried again after.

1 Like

I personally haven’t needed to use one anymore after the first few purchases :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Kyayna Would you also be ok with starting on Oct 31th ? Because that’s the middle ground that the vast majority can agree on… (but I don’t really want to overrule your vote without at least checking back with you)