Advanced Japanese Book Club // Reading 虐殺器官 - Genocidal Organ

Same. A bit baffled that it was hard to choose only five. Such good taste. So many kindred spirits.

6 Likes

‘Results will be shown on vote’
Nooo :sob: I’m not voting because I’m unlikely to join atm (can’t keep up) but I have rights I wan’t to see.

10 Likes
TOP SECRET DO NOT OPEN

7 Likes

Had to narrow down nine choices for myself. What really ended up helping was simply seeing what had an eBook available; I usually prefer buying physical, but paying for DHL/Fedex shipping has been really eating my wallet lately. :\

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ve posted in this thread yet but I’ve been following along and looking forward to reading some books that didn’t meet the intermediate club’s criteria. I will have to make more time to read though. :expressionless:

This was my strategy as well. It certainly helped narrow the list down. I’m still trying to decide on what to use my last vote on…

5 Likes

When are we planning to actually start the winning book, considering people have to order their books if they are doing physical?

3 Likes

I was wondering about that as well :slight_smile:
I think a poll would be a good solution, so that those interested in the book can determine when it will start.

4 Likes
MORE SECRET STUFF DO NOT OPEN

Secret: I consider taking back my vote on the Spicy Wolf :eyes:

7 Likes

I smell a run-off.

3 Likes

I have a vested interest in 本好き winning, but I feel like changing my vote is skeevy so I avoided that.

2 Likes

Why? People change votes to narrow their own choices when the polls are close all the time.

Personally I didn’t vote for 狼と香辛料 simply because I’m already 20% of the way done it and don’t feel like backtracking or waiting at this point.

6 Likes

Eh, feels like I have too much information to make a fair vote. I voted before knowing how other people voted, based on what I was interested in reading. Changing things after the fact to decide things seems like too much power for any one onion turtle. Just how I see it though. :turtle: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

So what’s your vested interest in 本好き winning? Got the free ebook?

2 Likes

Same :eyes:

2 Likes

B-but you didn’t vote yet? :eyes: :thinking:

2 Likes

I did image I wonder why my votes went away

2 Likes

There they are!

3 Likes

Yeah. I have the ebook. I don’t remember if it was free or not when I got it though.

3 Likes

Why are there more voters in the advanced book club than in the intermediate book club? How does that even work? :thinking:

13 Likes

I noticed that too. I think it’s because it’s the “cool new thing” and has all fresh nominations.

11 Likes