Advanced Japanese Book Club // Reading 虐殺器官 - Genocidal Organ

この本を盗む者は

深緑 野分:

Summary

Japanese

書物の蒐集家を曾祖父に持つ高校生の深冬。父は巨大な書庫「御倉館」の管理人を務めるが、深冬は本が好きではない。ある日、御倉館から蔵書が盗まれ、深雪は残されたメッセージを目にする。“この本を盗む者は、魔術的現実主義の旗に追われる”本の呪いが発動し、街は物語の世界に姿を変えていく。泥棒を捕まえない限り元に戻らないと知った深冬は、様々な本の世界を冒険していく。やがて彼女自身にも変化が訪れて―。

English

Fukafuyu is a high school student whose great-grandfather is a collector of books. His father is the caretaker of the Mikura-kan, a huge library, but Fukayuki does not like books. One day, a book is stolen from the Mikura-kan, and Fukayuki sees a message left behind. The book’s curse is activated and the town is transformed into a world of stories. When Fuyuki learns that the curse cannot be undone unless the thief is caught, she ventures out into the various worlds of the book. Eventually, she herself begins to change…

(from DeepL)

Length: 344
Category: Fantasy

Availability

Amazon JP
Bookwalker

Personal Opinion

This has been on my 積読 pile for awhile and I should probably get to it. If I’m being perfectly honest the summary reminds me of The Pagemaster :joy: I should call out that it has a high rating on Natively (46), but only one grader thus far and a ‘tentative’ grade at that, so it’s still in flux. Looking at the preview (and only the preview) I wouldn’t worry about it being over the level comfortable for the readers in this book club

Pros and Cons for the Book Club

Pros

• Seems unlikely to have anything gory or sexual
  • Less than 400 pages

Cons

• Nothing springs to mind

Preview

Please use the Amazon or Bookwalker links above to see previews of the book

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

8 Likes