Additional audio updates

Wow! All the pronunciations! I wasn’t expecting that!

Awesome. Thanks guys!

: D

1 Like

ありがとうございます!

It’s great that you’re always improving the site. I was just thinking today that I’d like to hear recordings for the alternate readings.

2 Likes

That’s great news. I would love also if we could have some pitch accent information too. That would be great, it is really hard to hear it without having an indication of the pitch pattern.
I have to use the built in macos dictionary and Prosody Tutor or forvo now. I know it’s more work but that would really make it a complete package.

3 Likes

There’s a script for that. WaniKani Pitch Info.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I would look for it. Just started learning about pitch, that’s great news.

1 Like

Gasp! Is Kyoko secretly 初音ミク! :flushed:

f51711336dd2f194baae97a7d7e5be624e3d3103_hq

14 Likes

Yey! Thank you. Looking forward:)

Thank you! Feature Request: Provide audio for all context sentences.

10 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work. We appreciate all the new features to tinker around with!

4 Likes

It’s almost like we have read each other’s minds

Exciting update, can’t wait!!

3 Likes

Feature request: live streaming audio of Koichi’s internal monologue.

42 Likes

Except it’s 100% in 日本語

7 Likes

Yay, thank you for the work! I’ve been looking forward to the new voice!

1 Like

Yesss that would be amazing

2 Likes

This is nice! It would be even better if we got a volume setting too (including going louder than it is currently) :pray::pray::pray::pray::crocodile::crab:

4 Likes

Yes, please include the random voice option in a future update. Thank you!

3 Likes

It would be great, as I am often finding myself listening to music on Youtube and having to lower the volume there!

3 Likes

Thanks for this! I can’t wait for when you add Microsoft Sam to the roster!

4 Likes

for me the biggest problem is that i usually progress to fast for the audio to download and then play. do you plan on using the browsers app cache capabilities to allow us to pre-download all audio?

8 Likes

Yes. Preloading is addressed with this update. If autoplay is enabled then the audio will preload when the slide is rendered.

22 Likes