Additional audio updates

2 Likes

While doing my lessons I got the vocab for 責任 and is Kyoko pronouncing a different word here?
I’m hearing せきんいん/せきんひん instead of せきにん.

https://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary/責任

1 Like

I kinda hear that, yeah!

2 Likes

1 Like

This is some good news I’ve been waiting months for. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not complete yet, though

1 Like

Oh I know, but it’s still good news that they’re currently updating it.

2 Likes

How about these?

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 過ぎ

I’m no expert obviously, but it sounds like a different pitch accent to me. In this case Kenichi sounds wrong based on the pitch accent listed here.

I have not read the whole topic so this might be mentioned allready but I think the Kyoko audio for 幼年時代 is wrong, she says something like ねんしょうじだい.

5 Likes

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I think there really ought to be an option to cycle through the reading and/or voice actors with the J-hotkey.

1 Like

I think for this one, as it is a primarily a suffix, it will likely affected by the word that precedes it. So maybe the pitch is not as obviously right, one way or the other?

Which is another argument why audio for example sentences is important…

1 Like

Sentence audio sounds like a nightmare from a management perspective. Every time WaniKani has to change a sentence because someone finds a typo or other issue they’d have to remove/re-record the sentence audio or risk it getting out of sync. Bunpro is dealing with this now and it doesn’t seem pleasant.

4 Likes

Well then don’t make a typo to begin with

1 Like

Many, many thanks :pray:t2:

だいちんしょう

だいいちいんしょう

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 第一印象

Thanks! We’ve got it added

There is also a mistake with 還元 (kangen) that we added to the list. In the recordings, Kyoko says かんけん instead of かんげん.

1 Like

Despite the mistakes I have to say kudos that you guys created computer-generated recordings that sound almost like human (Kyoko).

8 Likes