Additional audio updates

I am not sure if it has been posted already (and/or if it’s just me). But there seems to be a problem with the male voice at WaniKani / Vocabulary / 飴細工

He says あめざい and the く seems to be missing at the end.

2 Likes

@JenK

Kenichi’s audio for 渓谷 includes a long pause and an audible mouse click at the end

7 Likes

I always mispronounce that one

8 Likes

This is still the case btw I just got another review for it.

2 Likes

When they advertised for new job openings we were hoping that complaints like these would be handled more quickly. But it doesn’t seem that there has been any change in their responsiveness.

This was from early October. It’s still not taken down.

2 Likes

Have you tried throwing them under the bus? Maybe that will help.

2 Likes

It’s sad that honest criticism is not allowed. Oh well…

3 Likes

I’m all for constructive criticism.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll rephrase then.

When they advertised for new job openings we were hoping that complaints like these would be handled more quickly. But it doesn’t seem that there has been any change in their responsiveness.

This was from early October. It’s still not taken down.

4 Likes

I like the subtle approach you’ve taken with this.

1 Like

I tried the subtle approach. It didn’t work.

3 Likes

I hear that click you’re talking about @Kumirei ! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I’ll add it to the list of audio issues we need to get fixed.

Sorry about that. It’s definitely in the works! Because we had quite a few other projects going on it got put on the backburner. Stay tuned and thanks for being patient!

8 Likes

Looks like @RachelG’s already replied but thanks for pointing it out :sparkles:

Been away for a few weeks so I’m catching up on messages, but to the point about some wrong audio not being taken down, sorry about the delay. We were originally waiting to do these in batches as the list was growing based on what other users found, but yes it did get pushed back for a bit :bowing_woman:t2:We’ll be at least taking them down soon although getting correct audio will take a bit longer.

5 Likes

Mistakes have been removed until we get new audio :dizzy:

11 Likes

I do not know if it has been mentioned before, but Kenichi’s 喉飴 sounds like “nodo-an” to me.

Sounds fine to me.

1 Like

Just doing a bit of my vocab lessons and kyouko’s 観覧 sounds like かんだん, which should be かんらん.

I think she’s saying かんらん. It’s just that her R is not as crisp.

Compare to はんだん (判断)

you can hear clear DA here

And here’s another RA in こんらん(混乱)

The male voice says RA closer to LA but I think in Japanese this is not significant.

3 Likes

Hello, do you think we can hope it would come true one day?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.