[Unmaintained] Active Japanization Classroom (AJC)

Add me too, please, even though it seems as though I am slow. I am a native English speaker. Thanks!

Please add me as well, thank you so much. Native is German and French.

Okay guys, the site is working now. Everybody (both old & new members) please register using this form. Please lookup your “WaniKani start date” from the spreadsheet as there’s currently no way to update any data from the form except for me to do it manually.

The new AJC members list can be found here:
https://japanization-classroom.herokuapp.com

The website data will be automatically updated every hour. Also you can sort by any field, just click the field title you want to sort by. Currently there’s no logic of expelling or email notifications on longer inactive periods programmed yet, but I will add that over time. Also statistics will be added, too.

If you come across any issues, please post them with a screenshot to this thread.

@Shinshya, @truandissimo, @yatyisam, @rawrdinosaur:
You can now become part of the AJC using the above linked form on the website!

4 Likes

Great super danke und schönen Gruss aus der Schweiz

1 Like

I got this error after I submitted my data.

Question: What’s the date formatting? I used May 15th, 2018.

Actually, the formatting should be clear by the pre-inserted text, but since that‘s not working for you, try: 18.05.2018 or 2018-05-18.

Right. I successfully became AJC member again. I used iPad when I entered my data. The date field was different. I saw something like “15 May 2018”. On my Mac, the date field is just a text field.

Just signed up. Hopefully, this will help me break my resetting habit.

4 Likes

@Oshin: Thank you for reporting the issue. It’s due to Safari not supporting the HTML5 input type date as you can see here. I didn’t know that we were still in times where browsers don’t support HTML5 properly, last time I checked was 5 years ago. It seems that not much has changed since then, unfortunately. This also reminds me why I never became a web developer in the first place. :sweat_smile:

In any case, I just updated the site so it provides an alternative date picker for browsers which don’t support the HTML5 one. The UI might be slightly broken, but it should work. I’ll fix the details over time.

Same here. Looking at my current level and then my WK start date is… depressing 笑

level up , level 37 now \o/

2 Likes

Since you are the only one to have posted here for a month,
I’ll just reply to you!
I have just joined using the form and set my date to exclude all the time I spent after level three but before getting a subscription! I see I have the highest number of Apprentice items, even though I am only on level 12! Yikes!

1 Like

Ooff, 300+ is quite high. That must give you a crazy amount of reviews every day…

Spring is my busiest period of the year , I couldn’t come on WK for 2 days , my reviews piled up to 200 reviews … it took me a month but I finally did them all and my reviews are back to 0 !!!

I can finally do lessons again !

taking a month off was great , I memorized my kanjis better
I had 602 guru items and now i have only 380 !

It was the 500+ reviews I avoided for a week that put loads of items back to apprentice… but even so, I tend to make sure all lessons are done before the level up review and then sort for that review and just do the radicals and kanji for two days. The vocab reviews are daunting by that time especially as most are level one, so they just pop back four hours later!

Wir grussen Ihnen auch. Ich bin ein Windhüker aus Namibia!

@Dschee Thank you, the site is great and really helpful to keep track of the progress.

If I can give an idea, I would suggest to add a bar that shows the title of the columns when you scroll down the page, so that you can quickly recognize the meaning of a specific number on the grid.

Sorry, didn’t mean to quote shiza’s post :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I signed up. I think this is a great idea. Now if only I could increase my volume of words so that I could practice grammar. Otherwise, I spend so much time looking things up…

So… I’m back! ^^’ And curious to find out what’s happened while I was gone.

@jprspereira It took me some time, but I’m back now!

@Dschee Could you put me back in the classroom again?

3 Likes

YES YES YES YESSS WE MISSSEDDDDD UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU \ :heart_eyes: /

2 Likes