[Unmaintained] Active Japanization Classroom (AJC)

Here’s this weeks script-based spreadsheet update info:

• expelled because inactive: @PaleFire, @charlesfm
  • subsequent weeks without losing members: 0 (record: 1)
  • last update without losing members: 2018-09-07
  • the average unlocks per day of the entire classroom has decreased from 12.12 to 12.02
  • highest average to date was 12.65 (2018-07-10), lowest average to date was 11.49 (2018-03-18)

@cybershark: Sure, good luck with the N5! I’m gonna try N4 this time, let’s see how that goes. :+1:

2 Likes

• expelled because inactive: @sandalous, @sergeantsantiago, @shiza
  • the average unlocks per day of the entire classroom has decreased from 12.02 to 11.86
  • highest average to date was 12.65 (2018-07-10), lowest average to date was 11.49 (2018-03-18)
1 Like

Wow, the class room is starting to feel a bit small…
That’s kinda sad :sob:

1 Like

@Dschee I-I’m still alive ;-; I just came back from my Japan trip

3 Likes

It’s like in Highlander , at the end , there can be only one ?!

2 Likes

@Dschee, may I join too?

I’ve been using Wanikani on and off since 2013 but I reset to level 4 on Oct 14, so that’s my new start date maybe? :slight_smile:

This seems like fun! I hope it is still active. Can you add me too?

Hey, @Dschee, is everything alright?
Haven’t seen you in a while :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I was very busy the last weeks (both at work and privately) so technically consider me removed and added back to the list cause I also wasn’t able to do any reviews. :slightly_frowning_face: I’ve just started today as a one-day-preparation for the JLPT N4 tomorrow :laughing: (I will totally fail tomorrow), but here I am again and back with the regular updates.

• expelled because inactive: @somatophobia
  • the average unlocks per day of the entire classroom has decreased from 11.86 to 11.69

@Naphthalene:
Yes, indeed, the class is getting smaller over time. But there are also always new people joining.

Welcome back @shiza and welcome for the first time @Vasie & @myigol – you’ve been both added to the list!

@Vasie:
I’ve set your start day to 4 weeks before your reset date (one week per level). I hope that’s about right!

4 Likes

Welcome back!
And good luck for tomorrow:)

Thank you for me and welcome back! I’ll be taking the N4 tomorrow too in Washington DC. Good luck on the test!

Welcome back!

I’m also taking the N4 tomorrow! Good luck for all of us!

Hi, can I be added too? My native language is Italian.

wkstats

こんにちは!Could I enroll please? My native language is English.
Also, does the script update stats automatically as well as expelling people? Or do we need to do that ourselves?

Thank you guys, I wish you good luck, too today! :slight_smile:
I’m pretty sure, I’ll fail, but still I want to get as many points as I can to see where my progress is. It’s my first time taking the JLPT, so I’m looking forward for the experience and meeting other Japanese learners, too!

@Greed992, @Flollop:
I’ve just added you both to the lists. Welcome to the classroom! がんばってください!

3 Likes

Hi, so I‘m back from my wanikani break. JLPT N5 didnt went so well today. i probably failed in the second or third part pf the test. Had to many problems with the grammar :man_shrugging: So worst case scenario: same test or maybe N4 next year in July. But for now it‘s back to wanikani an back to learning more.

Welcome back @cybershark. (And welcome back to the “Waiting for the Low Levelers Group” group too!)

I also took a long break… so long that I had to reset to Level 1 (from Level 12). I’m up to Level 3 now. Don’t let me catch you! :wink:

@Dschee Can you add me back to the class again? My new reset date is Nov 17, 2018. Thank you!

Yeah , I hit level 31 !
I’m half way through Wanikani now !!!

i’m slow but still learning !

1 Like

@Dschee used an Apple script to update the sheet based on WK username. You could edit the sheet’s editable stats.

2 Likes

• expelled because no longer above level 3: @Kuroikitsu
  • expelled because account deleted/renamed: @gatch
  • the average unlocks per day of the entire classroom has increased from 11.69 to 11.70

@cybershark: Yeah, JLPT N4 didn’t go well for me, too. I should have gone for N5 first … never mind, I still learned a lot because of the test!

@sgtowns: Welcome back, I’ve added you back to the list.

@MacOneill: Congrats! :congratulations: I’m even slower, but the only really important thing is to always move on and never give up.

@Oshin, @Flollop: I manually export the spreadsheet as a CSV file, remove the header and footer, then run a script written in Swift on it to catch all updates using the public profiles of people and export the results as a CSV file. Then I copy the data from the udpated CSV file manually to the spreadsheet and sort the three tabs. That’s the process and the script can be found here in case anybody is curious.

4 Likes