Achievement: Read my first whole manga series in Japanese

@pensei Thank you!

Wow! That’s a nice price! Looking forward to go to Japan myself to buy some books, because delivery cost is just ridiculous.

Yeah, basically looked up every word I didn’t know. When I read books I also often look up reading for words even if I know the meaning. With most mangas it’s easier, because they have furigana.
Don’t look up as much these days though. There are many words that have multiple meanings and it’s much easier to try to understand them directly from the context. Too often I find myself in a situation when I look up a word, read the translation, but don’t feel like I understand it any better. But yeah, there are some words that you can’t infer from the context and they are usually crucial for understanding.

Anyway, good luck with your reading, I think there is no right or wrong way to read, just read what you are interested in and you’ll find out what works for you naturally.

@Makoto-ito Thank you!

Yeah, it’s a great manga. Have you read the whole series? There are some major twists in the end.

You should definitely try! Check out Master List of Book Clubs, especially Beginner and Absolute Beginner ones if you want to read manga.

Don’t get too fixated on WK level, WK definitely makes reading experience smoother, but it’s not everything. Don’t wait until you reach level 60 if you want to read something now.

Same to you! :grin:

Also, didn’t feel like creating another thread, so here’s an update on my achievements in this area:

• Read two other whole series: Slam Dunk and Monster
  • Changed my goal to 100 manga volumes read overall and reached it on February, 21
  • Currently reading books with 多読/extensive reading challenge group. New goal - to read 25 books this year :v:
2 Likes