Accidentally typing double "n" for English meanings

I have a recurring issue where I accidentally push the letter “n” twice when typing the english meanings Unfortunately it is a habit I developed for typing the japanese readings. More unfortunately, this always seems to mark my answer as incorrect, which I find strange as WaniKani allows for mistypes to some degree, and I cannot see how this is anything but that.

I know I should slow down a little and I would probably remove the silly error. I recently reset my account as I lost control of my reviews so I am flying through the early levels at the moment.

Not really anything anyone can do, just frustrated as I got “man” wrong for typing “mann” earlier, and the other day I got “ten” wrong for typing “tenn”

6 Likes

The autocorrect is wonky for short words like that. I think mann should work for man, but it may be an abnormal case. Anyhow, I know that the longer the word is, the more lenient the spellchecking is. And generally there are few 3 letter vocab words (most of which are in the early levels), so if you really can’t break the habit just on your own, it will be solved with time.

1 Like

You could add the double-n vocab as synonyms, or you could get the Override userscript (which is really useful for all kinds of typos–just take care not to abuse it).

1 Like

Words shorter that 4 letters don’t allow for typos. But you can add the mann and tenn as synonyms

4 Likes

I suppose I dont remember this happening on lol ger words either. Thanks for the reassurance. I suppose I’ll just be careful for a little while.

Thanks

1 Like

And I hadn’t even considered adding synonyms. That’ll do for me. Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Cann’t say I’ve anny experiennce of this problem.

But I believe it is knnown as ‘Wannikanni synndrome’.

:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

I don’t have the nn thing, but I do have to consciously remind myself to type “tsu” instead of “tu” in romaji.

8 Likes

Shi instead of si. Chi instead of ti. Dzu instead of du.

The struggle is real.

5 Likes

Wow so many potential typing issues. Thankfully I only type “nn”. Incidently since I posted the original post I have not made the mistake. “Wannikanni syndrome” is cureable haha

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.