Absolute Beginners Book Club // Now Reading: Granny Girl Hinata chan!

Haha ok just making sure. I don’t want to advertise this as a juicy manga about adultery :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:(だめ! :no_good_woman:)

3 Likes

I’m legit so confused :joy: Since when did we talk about that? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m so confused…

since when did we…

__

2 Likes

Thats another way the title can be read. The て form works in mysterious ways

Edit: also no pronouns in japanese

2 Likes

冗談だけだった :bowing_woman:

1 Like

大丈夫、気にしないね!

3 Likes

But the books “books”…

5 Likes

My bad, I thought the absolute beginner club was more for manga :sweat_smile:

Of course you’re free to nominate whatever you want to read. :slight_smile:
In the end it comes down to votes, so it’s fine.

3 Likes

The first two books in this club were so-called “bookbooks”. Shirokuma Cafe is only the third book we’ve read, so “bookbooks” still outnumber manga. Until we start Chii, at least…

2 Likes

Well we’re not reading that! (I’m joking, sounds cute, I’m interested in reading something lovey-dovey, I’m keen)

4 Likes

We will never go through and delete a nomination cause the user isn’t here anymore. We don’t really look at who nominated it even. I think it’s more of a suggestion to nominate items you want to do yourself.

Items are removed if we decide it doesn’t fit, or possibly if few to none voted for it (in which case it isn’t popular enough)
If it has lots of votes it makes no difference if the one person who nominated it is still around.

This has my vote! I too would like to see book next, and loved the first one! AND I bought the set, so already have it :wink:
Been tempted to just read them on my own, but would prefer to do it together =)

So if it is nominated now, does that mean no one nominated it last round?! O_o
Shame on me! I nominated lots, but forgot this one! D=

3 Likes

にゃんにゃん!

Great nomination! Thank you @jaearess

Just one thing…

Yes, we did exactly two pages per day (regardless of the amount of text etc) and, looking back on it, I think this was our only mistake… it would have been much better to do just the one page per day. Believe me, two pages were too many.

All the bookclubs I’ve been involved in have had a massive drop-out rate, and that’s just life and there’s nothing anyone can do about that. But I think we could have retained a few more readers all the way to the end if we had had a slower pace. I only just kept up myself, and though I would love to read the next book in the series, I wouldn’t like to do it at that same pace again.

But yes, it is a brilliant series and there have been quite a few people asking if we’ll ever do another. I think we should.

5 Likes

I’m still rooting and will be voting for 10分で読める物語 二年生 again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So when will the actual voting fo the book after chi happen?

Probably fairly soon to give people enough time to vote and order the book in time =)
Taking nominations first, then voting soon after.

Maybe we should put a deadline on nominations?

I’m happy with the current ones and have no more to add this time around, as long as last rounds nominations still stand without having to be re-nominated =)

3 Likes

Aye, that’s usually the case. Current rules in other clubs are nominations only get removed if they get particularly few votes in an election around, or if it’s decided they should be moved to a different book club, or (extremely rarely) if it’s decided they’re not really appropriate to read in a mixed group.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s a nice idea. How much time do we need for voting I wonder? I get that people want to buy books, so that’s around a month+ :thinking:

5 Likes

The voting is usually a week I believe, if I remember correctly from the other votings =)
And shipping can take a month+, so the sooner the better.

1 Like