Absolute Beginners Book Club // Now Reading: Granny Girl Hinata chan!

Maybe I should nominate a super hard book since there’s no difficulty polls. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I think that may have been the reason why Shirokuma passed before :thinking: But yeah, I have no idea how it got removed from the template?? :joy:

I guess we won’t have it this time too, I guess, but omg:DD

3 Likes

I assumed @emucat removed it because he didn’t like them for some reason. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

We still have polls for old nominations, so that’s good :thinking: I guess I’ll tag people then, @Wiggle, @jaearess, @kitsunensei and @poiisons could you please add this poll from the template to your nomanations? :thinking:

I added it back, I think that’s quite an important thing to have:

## Difficulty Poll
How much effort would you need to read this book?

[poll type=regular public=true]
* No effort at all
* Minimal effort
* Just right
* Challenging
* Impossible, even with everyone’s help
* I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)
[/poll]

Also I think we’ll just start a bit later with this :eyes:

Edit: I changed the name of the book club for now, I honestly have no idea how to do things better, so if anyone has any suggestions or something, feel free to edit stuff or post here! \o/

7 Likes

I agree, this is extremely important to the process D: I feel so many people ended up giving up on shirokuma because it wasn’t reflective of the level of the club!

Thanks for adding it back in! Well done on noticing and taking swift action :smiley:

I don’t mind, if it’s what we need to do to ensure no one is left behind :smiley:

4 Likes

I don’t see any reason for not doing that, polls are more organised sure but if someone wants to make a bookclub that even a handful will join is fine too

2 Likes

i really don’t get hints, thought you were just intimidated or something and wanted to be nice

1 Like

Tbh, I was quite surprised when shirokuma won in here while Girls Last Tour won at the Beginners Book Club. I was like… Shouldn’t it be the reverse? :rofl:

I totally agree with adding the scores :100:. It doesn’t matter if the story is super cool/cute/popular if people reading will struggle with it. A 2nd place that has a more adapted level to the readers is 10x better than the 1st place that has a big discrepancy from people’s level.

Do the scores please :heart:

8 Likes

Lol! I didn’t remove anything

3 Likes

Does any of these guys count for the nomination? I don’t care which one it is

1 Like

It certainly gets my vote, but it might be an idea for you to pick just one of them.

I just looked at the edit history apparently it was Radish8 :slight_smile:

What is this? A witch-hunt? The schoolyard? For goodness sakes.
I’m going to delete this post right away, I hope you’ll do the same Joshiikii

It was a provision of information, I think you’re reading far too much into my tone :thinking: I didn’t say anything about the act or condemn it, I just said that person was responsible which they were. It is a simple statement of fact, which I was providing in an attempt to be helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps you are right, and I am wrong. Perhaps what you wrote is kind, helpful, and constructive, and full of good intent. Words to build up rather than tear down. In which case I apologise for not reading the tone in the way you intended.

3 Likes

I agree:3 Radish removed useless info at that time, because difficulties and scores were not used:3 Now I’ve taken the charge to calculate that, so everything is fiiine peoplessss \o/

5 Likes

That’s okay, I do understand where my words could be misconstrued so thankyou for drawing that to my attention :smiley: and thanks for the apology! perhaps it wasn’t entirely necccesary in honesty to provide the information but I thought it would be helpful to Emucat :joy:

4 Likes

Exactly :smiley: no harm is done! :blush:

1 Like

radish8 chiming in!

Yeah, I don’t remember very well but I think the difficulty scores didn’t actually get used for anything (the nomination template was copied across from the Beginners’ Club, but the scores weren’t calculated). I was helping to edit the OP at the time so removed the poll from the template to simplify things :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Yeah we didn’t use them for the last round - I believe they were in nominations but never actually calculated.

2 Likes