Absolute Beginners Book Club // Currently reading Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea; Next: Mitsuboshi Colours

here’s the home thread for 10分で読める物語 二年生

8 Likes

I bought おじさまと猫 when the voting started on the next book after Chi’s because the 1st couple of pages sucked me in

I picked it up today read the 1st chapter. Anyway, I’m up to Chapter 7 (cursory read - I have to read it again, noting grammer, kanji and all the other stuff I didn’t understand). I love it. It’s got more heart than Chi’s (which I am also enjoying) or maybe it’s just that I’ve got a history of adopting the unwanted/disabled/abused cats & dogs so it gets me right in my soft spot

I understand why people didn’t want another cat manga but I think this is perfect for the ABマC. It’s aimed at a broader audience

Thank you so much for suggesting this. It is bitter-sweet perfection, similar in emotional beats to My Roommate is a Cat

If you wanna start a 2-person thread for this manga when you read it, I’m there

Bonus - I can read the furigana with my contacts in unlike Chi’s

6 Likes

I bought it, too =D I’m probably only a chapter or two in, as I’ve been focusing on some other manga, and I’ve only read through casually without looking up what I don’t know, so I’d be up for starting over in a single-series book club for おじさまと猫.

1 Like

FYI マ ≠ 々. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have been caught out being lazy. I don’t know how to make it on the keyboard so I typed “ma” and used that…

1 Like

Honestly, the fastest way I can think of to type it on its own is to write 日々 (ひび) and then delete the 日. I imagine there’s an easier way, but it doesn’t come up in the suggestions when I type のま, sooo…

3 Likes

々!!!

Thank you

2 Likes

It comes up when I type くりかえし (computer, but not phone) and when I type おなじ (both computer and phone).

2 Likes

Yeah, my last order arrived :grin:

11 Likes

That was pretty fast

1 Like

Yeah, amazon.co.jp terminated the delivery for this friday actually. But all my orders from amazon.co.jp to germany arrived amazingly fast.

1 Like

Just wondering, what is the translation of the title? Am I right in think that 結婚しても恋してる means “Even if we’re married, I love you”? Or something similar to this? Hopefully I’m wrong because I hope that I’m not the only one to see a problem with a statement like that

Perhaps, “Even though we’re married, I’m falling in love with you.”?
https://jisho.org/word/恋する

Even then, it’s obviously talking about how usually when people get married they stop doing the same things they did when they were dating.

3 Likes

Ok thanks. I actually didn’t think of that, so that wasn’t so obvious for me

1 Like

Maybe it was an arranged marriage. :man_shrugging: At least then it would have a more positive connotation. :joy:

1 Like

My books arrived :blush: So excited to read them

Both books came in about 3 days from Japan to Canada, much faster than my previous book, which took almost a month

9 Likes

Did everyone start reading the new book? I would like to join in if that is possible

No, we’re still reading Chi’s Sweet Home.

3 Likes

Not yet :blush:

5 Likes

uh that looks cute, i would like to try reading it. :smiley:

1 Like