Absolute Beginners Book Club // Now Reading: Granny Girl Hinata chan!

Copying and pasting it directly doesn’t work?

That’s what I did. But I messed it up somehow, so gave up and just removed the formatting and kept the elements

Weird. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I probably managed to mess it up while editing, but it was too much work to re-do, so I just removed all the formatting to make it work, and next time went from that post as I found it easier to work with

By the way, I made a user script that automatically adds scores to polls.
It’s a bit quirky, in the sense that it needs the data of the poll to be fully loaded when the page is ready (so it won’t work for polls you haven’t voted in, or polls that only appear when you scroll past the posts discourse had pre-loaded).
The way I use it is to click on the post that contains the poll I want to check (anywhere is okay, it should update the url to that of the post) then reload the page :stuck_out_tongue:
Link: Poll tally
Example:

3 Likes

Have a few more I could nominate, but will save them for later. (not later today, some other time, much later)

There’s another Graded Reader, would chose set 8 (as it has two 0 books and four 1 books, set 1 is a mix up to lvl 2)

But I haven’t received them yet, would like to see them before making an official nomination.

I also have a book of 90 fairytales, used to be in the Beginner Book club, but was before we made the advanced nominations, so “the work” hasn’t been done, I don’t feel like doing more right now =P

I also have two other sets of fairy tales, but I like the one I suggested the most.

I also have a 1st grader “10 minutes stories”, but we already have a suggestion in that category, I don’t mind it being a different book of the same series =)

Ok… I think it’s time to call it. I’m getting all the nominations and creating a poll.
So far I have only added 3 in the OP… if someone is kind enough to edit it and add the new ones…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to make nominations in the OP as links to the post itself? And it wouldn’t take as much space. I would love to help too:3

2 Likes

So edit the OP with the Poll there?

I can do that.

I’m not sure what you mean exactly :sweat_smile: I think maybe do something like in Beginner Japanese Book Club, where the nomitanations are just “Name of the Book” as a hyper link to the post where it was nominated:) It’s also easier for people to vote and see the opinion of others

2 Likes

Ok, I added the poll to the main OP.
I might be edit it a little bit, adding a “naze” book here or there…

I agree. A link to the post where the nomination was is a tidier way of doing it =)
The poll for voting should be down here when made though, but linked to as well from the first post

Ok! I’ll move it back here :stuck_out_tongue:

VOTING NOW!!!

Please see the List of Proposed Books section in the first post for the details for each book. Every book has a difficulty associated with it (based on book club member voting) out of 5, where 1 means “no effort at all” and 5 means “impossible, even with everyone’s help”. The difficulty based on the book club member voting is next to each option in brackets.

I will close the poll within a week, whenever it looks like voting has dried up. You can choose up to 4 options . Additionally, now that we have a significant number of nominations, anything that gets very few votes will be removed from consideration for the next poll.

Poll for the next book is here!

• WANTED - Short stories from the creator of One Piece [Manga] [Score here]
  • あたしンち [Manga] [Score here]
  • 福娘童話集 [Fairy Tales] [Score here]
  • 10分で読める物語 二年生 [Book] [Score here]
  • なぜ?どうして? 科学のお話2年生 [Book] [Score here]
  • なぜ?どうして? 科学のお話3年生[ Book] [Score here]
  • しろくまカフェ< [Manga] [Score here]
  • チーズスイートホーム - Chi’s Sweet Home [Manga] [Score here]
  • 日本昔ばなしアニメ絵本 18冊全巻セット - Japanese Fairy Tales - Set of 18 books [Fairy Tales] [Score here]
  • レベル別日本語多読ライブラリー レベル0 vol.1 [Book] [Score here]
  • White Rabbit Graded Readers [App-Book] [Score here]

0 voters

2 Likes

May I recommend that voted be made public?

And can we keep the rule of the Beginner book club, that all nominations get at least two rounds before being removed? (unless removed for a reason like too hard or unavailable)

Not sure that can be changed retroactively :thinking:

It’s probably not worth stressing over for this first poll.

Ok, I re-did it losign one vote :stuck_out_tongue: whoever that was, please vote again.

What is this round thing?

2 Likes

We don’t have the difficulties yet in the poll, right?

1 Like

This is a round, a voting for a book we will do. Next voting is another round.
So let every nomination, unless disqualified, be part of two votings. =)

But why do we need 2 rounds?