Here’s one I’ve been tossing back and forth on whether to nominate for ABBC or BBC. After seeing what’s come up in each for the past year or so, I think it would be a much better fit for ABBC.
「三ツ星カラーズ」 is about three young girls, Yui, Sacchan, and Kotoha, who spend their afternoons defending the peace of their neighborhood.
Each chapter puts the girls into a slice-of-life scenario, such as searching for a cat, selling bananas, visiting the zoo, or disarming a (fake) bomb.
The slice-of-life genre and the young cast of main characters make this series a good fit for a manga-reading beginners. The difficulty is comparable with the oft-recommended よつばと, minus the easiest and hardest chapters of that series.
- Slice-of-life genre.
- Younger characters speak clearly.
- Older character dialogue is mostly with the younger characters.
- Topical words appear often in a chapter.
- Chapters average 14 pages.
The first three chapters are also freely available on the author’s Pixiv site (no login necessary to view):
How much effort would you need to read this book?
- No effort at all
- Minimal effort
- Just right
- Impossible, even with everyone’s help
- I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)