Absolute Beginners Book Club // Now Reading: Granny Girl Hinata chan!

Aww so we may not do Chi’s home? I bought the first volume on eBook the other day since I thought we’d do the winning two. Oops.

I have that version for the same reason. Hopefully it’s not too different.

1 Like

It looks like several people did, so we should probably do it next (it was technically tied too, and only affected by one vote just before closing it) And since several people have bought it it is very likely to win a vote next time anyway, cause those people will vote for it and it was already a popular vote.

If anything, we need to remove this ambiguity. Will we do Chi next, or a new vote?

5 Likes

I think reading Chi next makes the most sense to me, or we would need to vote in the middle of Shirokuma, ooor wait a whole month for people to get it:3

4 Likes

Yeah, agreed. If we don’t chose Chi we should start the new vote almost before we start the first one to give people time. But because we haven’t been clear from the start many have already bought it, thinking e were doing it next, so it makes more sense to do so than make a new vote (especially since they where tied anyway)

3 Likes

And it makes sense, because I would love to read both :wink: :DD

5 Likes

I still would like alternating between manga and a book. I would love a new vote

3 Likes

A book does take 2-3 times longer than a manga usually, so even if we were to alternate it would make sense to do two mangas between each book. Either that or do a double; Always keep a book active, always a manga. But that might divide people too much. But there might be enough people who only want one and not the other to make that work. Even the Intermediate book club seem to go for two books at once now, just cause the votes was divided. Would make even more sense here.

This is why I feel Chis deserves to be next;

They are tied. It makes no sense to not do both, neither has won.
There’s a whole 11% to next, but there are two winners.

2 Likes

I don’t mind doing chi at all, especially if we choose to up the pace of shirokuma, it’ll be over pretty quick. It’ll give us more space to decide the third book then without overwhelming new reader’s bank accounts

1 Like

Because we chose a manga… should we already choose the next one??

Next book?

• チーズスイートホーム - Chi’s Sweet Home: Because it tied and so…
  • 10分で読める物語 二年生: Because we want a book
  • New poll: Because democracy and that…

0 voters

2 Likes

I have also closed the poll for when to start しろくまカフェ. I don’t like so many polls open.

I’ll update the OP with dates and so. And also create a new threat for the reading of the book itself. Or anyone can create it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

count me in! :smiley:

1 Like

Yo dawg, I heard you like polls, so I put a poll in your poll, so you can poll your poll for pole position.

More seriously, I don’t really care. A book would be nice, but especially if mangas don’t take that much time the difference will be minimal probably. I’m fine with either decision.

And Chi has very little text, so we’ll read it in no time

1 Like

I have created the thread for the book!

8 Likes

I didn’t vote for either of the two tied top choices, but I think it makes a lot of sense to read both when clearly a lot of people want to read those. So I voted for Chi, we’ll get around to a new poll and new choices soon enough. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, Chi is both smaller than other mangas, and not very text heavy, so it will be a much faster read than most mangas =)

It’s almost same size as Yotsuba

But noticeably thinner (196 vs 162)

Random pages. It varies, but generally has less text than Yotsuba

7 Likes

Ohh, it’s thinner than I even thought!:DD With Chi, I think we may be able to read in a month even or so:D

3 Likes

I brought a Chi manga to the vet ones, as I had to wait while my baby Eevee was getting her teeth fixed (which took a while). Managed to read a whole manga while siting in the waiting room =P
This was from the second series, and is even lighter I think. But still, could do a whole manga in one siting. Chi is the only one I’ve been able to do that with =P

2 Likes

I think that possibly says more about the vet than it does about the manga. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Yes, it was a very long day :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes