About to enter the painful levels... searching for advice on how to handle the pain

I actually agree with you there, but I do think you’re underselling the effect of burns- the numbers do matter because they directly affect your work load, which is why it’s natural to feel disappointment when you mess them up a burn, and happiness when you succeed at one. They just happen to matter in the short term, as opposed to a long term benefit. But it’s still worth considering- the short term matters too! Besides, if you realize you actually have let one slip through, you can always unburn an item.

The reason I go for 4/5 as my “goal” is because if I fall a little short, it’s not a big deal, I’m still burning at a pretty good pace. I always try to shoot for a little more than is realistic to account for the chances of failure. But since I know I’m doing that, I don’t mind when I do fail a little short.

But overall I do agree. The overall goal is learning, and missing burns is going to happen, and it’s not a bad thing. It’s part of the system.

What’s a sect name?

They’re the little gray things next to the username that some people have been given by the admin staff here

1 Like

I… see… ಠ_ಠ

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.