A (snail's) journey of 1621 days (or even 30 years) to Level 60

Thanks! Please see my answer to BreathingFrequen

Hey thats great - I’m sure WK is one of the best measures against Alzheimer & Co. Just keep going! Thanks!

2 Likes

Congratulations!
Wish I had half your determination.
Thanks for the inspiring story!

3 Likes

I am 64 and if I reach level 60, it will take me a lot longer than it took you.
Congratulations.

7 Likes

The dose makes the poison :wine_glass: :cocktail: :tropical_drink: :beer: :beers:

Simple solution: reviews first, drinks later. Very helpful!

2 Likes

Absolutely! The way is the goal (Confuzius). Thanks!

1 Like

That’s why I started learning Japanese. Now I do it because it’s fun.

1 Like

Hah. It’s great when that works, but sometimes you just don’t have time in the day for everything. I try to juggle too many hobbies and commitments at once.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! :partying_face:
Your perseverance is admirable, thanks for sharing your story :crabigator:

3 Likes

Hollywood’s calling!

3 Likes

Congratulations! I’m another slowgoer, and proud: honestly my life can’t accommodate anything faster, and I currently estimate a 5/6 year completion time. Thanks for posting, it’s great to hear from someone getting there at something like maipēsu… (sorry, bad joke).

7 Likes

Fantastic encouragement. I’m 53 and have just started learning Japanese, hoping to got to live in Japan in about 3 years with my wife. I’m now on level 5 and trying to combine that with learning Japanese through LingQ at the same time.

3 Likes

Brilliant ! great post ! Age is no obstacle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story, that was interesting to read. I particularly liked the bit about your son deciding that Japanese was his mothers tongue and German was his fathers - a beautifully literal occurance of that idiom.

I always think that it doesn’t matter how long something takes, so long as you have an eventual goal and keep pushing towards it. I work in computing at a resarch university, but have been ticking along with an Open University degree in Cyber Security for a few years. I probably won’t finish it for four more, but really, there’s no hurry, haha.

Language learning really is one of those things that doesn’t have an age barier too, so it’s great that you’ve come back to it. My mother is 63 and she had a dream most of her life to live in Cornwall. About 12 years ago, she made the decision to go for it, and has been learning Cornish on and off all that time, hehe.

2 Likes

Kudos to your spirit. . . :slightly_smiling_face:

This is beautiful and wholesome journey! I loved your story :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! Congrats on a great marriage and cool journey.

May I ask where to find the userscript for the level duration graph?

That’s great! Your rate is still faster than me :slight_smile: I’ll get there eventually!

2 Likes

There is no script. You will find it on wkstats under ‘Progress’ in the ‘Level-up’ submenu. You will need to provide a WK API V2 key for the data to load.