A diary from level 1 to level 60

that sounds great! yeah, just twitch your apprentice items to about 70 or 60 then you’re perfect to go~~

1 Like

just did about 130 reviews (I was surprised that there were that many reviews showed up cause I’ve done two review sessions today)

And I’ve mastered 5000 items~~!

next day, I’m getting busier. Probably I will focus on reviews only.

2 Likes

Feb 7, 2020. it’s 11:04 P.M.
last review session of today. I also learn ~14 new words.

next day

last review ss of day

2 Likes

JUST LEVELED UPPP
39 HERE I COME~~`

THE LEVEL UP BANNER STILL FEELS SO GOOOD

about 12h later. last review ss for today. I did some lessons, too

4 Likes

Almost back to level 40! Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not kinda usual post in my diary, but I just wanna note this guy into it.

It’s bedtime and I’m watching Bob Ross. He sounds so calm and chill :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

令和2年2月10日 (月)
woah the imperial calendar is cool.

I did about 17 lessons today

令和2年2月11日 (火)
0/0 again. I really kinda tried hard today.

令和2年2月12日(水)
today kind of nice day. my neck hurts…

(oh, two tiny little reviews show up, how about tackling them, too xD)

3 Likes

令和2年2月13日(木)

it has been raining for a week or two. waking up and travelling in a wet morning doesn’t seem to be the best experience you can have. Sometimes doing Wanikani you should really stick with a community (that’s probably why I created this diary at first). To this point I feel like doing reviews and other things are not quite boring, but surely kind of smth that you need to embrace yourself to withstand everyday (so yeah maybe prepare to face the tedious of doing reviews or repetitive things, day after day).

oh and does anybody have a sore neck? try these excercises maybe they could help :slight_smile:. I hope you have a good day. God bless(thanks Bob Ross, you taught me this phrase)

4 Likes

令和2年2月14日(金)
happy Valentine’s Day~~

so far it’s 45-day wanikani streak. 100 days to beat my current record :laughing:

令和2年2月15日(土)

somehow kanjis are getting difficult to remember. it’s so easy to mix one kanji for the ones you’ve learned. And the mnemonics from some Kanjis are really bad imo.

3 Likes

I would (again?) recommend to get some extra exposure to get a better feeling of which kanji is which. Start reading things; seeing them in the wild will help you solidify the meanings (and reading if there are furigana)

oh Naph senpai, ありがとうございます。Yeah I have plenty of things to read now (with so little time but actually I’m just lazy :frowning_face:)

surely I need to match my kanji knowledge with my reading skills (yeah what’s the point to know all2000 Kanjis wt ever using half of them)

news source that I’m trying to read: https://gendai.ismedia.jp/
books that I kind of wanna read: dont really know cause I’m still finding interesting ones (I like humorous or scifi books)

令和2年2月17日(月)
oh I didn’t write anything for yesterday xD
today I was busy, but still managed to get review down to 0

令和2年2月18日(火)
oh time flies…it’s Tuesday alr.

today I decided to re-join the 0/0 streak challenge. I think it’s good to keep everything down to 0 at least one time each level. It’s like a check point before leveling up.

3 Likes

Yeah back to 40 now. What’s next? xD probably finish this ~
shet finish wanikani reach level 45!

lol just back home and look at those numbers

a few moments later

I was a bit impatient when doing review tonight. Somehow I just wanted to stop doing review and %$$%&%^&

edit: maybe it just because my rentention is kinda bad at night, after work day I’m kind of worn out. yeah who the hell just learn Kanjis without ever reading. who am I what am I doing right now/ I’m done maybe I just need some relax.

4 Likes

令和2年2月20日(木)

didn’t read much this week. I only did some reviews today. kinda worn out.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’m re-learning some Japanese from oh, about 30 years ago, in anticipation of an upcoming trip. I think over the next month my kanji knowledge will match or exceed what it used to be. I’m not doing as well with reviewing my speaking skills, though I started out by listening to some conversational Japanese podcasts. Wanikani is just more fun, and I don’t have to try to figure out what to study next in Wanikani. Slight correction: it’s fun, combined with irritation whenever I mix up jin and nin and other readings. But mostly it’s fun enough that I’m tempted to go to level 60 in some future year, even though I’ll have absolutely no use for it once our trip is over!
Again, congratulations on your progress! I wish I were to your level. Right now!
Yet they say patience is a virtue! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Sandy. I was a bit worn out this week. I will continue this battle till the end (first to level 45) :blush:

令和2年2月22日(土)
first review today. Just figured out that good sleep and exercise are good for your memory. Eat well, too.

second review

3 Likes

令和2年2月23日(日)
first review session today

another review ss. hope I can wait till 10 and 11 p.m. to do another review session. but that’s all for today’s report.

1 Like

6000th guru today!

I also made it 0/0

4 Likes

令和2年2月25日(火)

nothing much special today. Oh I signed up for another countdown here though I think that I set the goal a bit easy :laughing: Probably will make it a bit harder at level 41.

2 Likes

wait Naph senpai, you actually called summoned me that desparately ?
ありがとうございました。 :bowing_man:

looking back, I’m only 1 level away from where all those chaos began (I actually reached level 41 before ? xD) Hope it works this time.

2 Likes

when you were so excited to sit down, relax, and then opened wani you saw this

anyway about 1 hour later. This is also the last review session for today. Accuracy falls below 80 percent, not quite good.

4 Likes