Wanikani Show Level 1.0.1 (Shows SRS level during reviews) [No longer supported]

Wanikani Show Level - Userscript

by ruipgpinheiro (LordGravewish)

THIS SCRIPT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY ME.

Look at this post for further information.

Description:

This script adds information about the current item's SRS level during reviews.

The level shows up as for example "Apprentice (2)", where the number inside the paranthesis represents the numeric SRS level, where 1 is the first "Apprentice" level and 9 is "Burned".

A down-arrow might appear before the level name, indicating that the item is going to be downgraded even if you answer the current question correctly, since you've already answered either the meaning or the reading incorrectly at least once during its current SRS cycle.

One more screenshots available on the userscripts.org download page

Changelog

1.0.1 (23 January 2014)
- Now supports the HTTPS protocol.

1.0.0 (24 November 2013)
- First release.

DISCLAIMER:

I am not responsible for any problems caused by this script.
This script was developed on Firefox 25.0.1 with Greasemonkey 1.12.
It was also tested on Chrome 31.0.1650.57 with Tampermonkey 3.5.3630.77.
Because I'm just one person, I can't guarantee the script works anywhere else.

LICENSE INFORMATION:

This script is licensed under the Creative Commons License "Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported"

More information at:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

Download Version 1.0.1:

This script can be installed at https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/184460

Warning for Chrome users: Due to some limitations imposed on us by Chrome's userscript API (and because I developed the script primarily for Firefox), it uses some stuff only available in the Greasemonkey userscript engine (and derivatives, like Tampermonkey). You should install the Tampermonkey extension for Chrome. Once you try to install my Userscript, you should get a choice to install it using Tampermonkey, and if you choose that everything should work fine!

Not gonna use it but thank you for making scripts :slight_smile:

Probably going to use this, I know I should put an equal amount of thought into every review but if something’s already upper guru’d or mastered I don’t think I should harm myself over it before I answer. Thanks!

Awesome! I always wanted to be able to see the sub-levels :smiley: Thank you very much for this script, ruipgpinheiro!

This is great. I was always wondering in which Apprentice lvl my words are. Definitely gonna use it.

This would really distract me, because I will figure out the correct answer from the level, and not from the kanji itself. I always do this in Anki, even though I don’t want to, so I either try not to look down to see if it a reviewed item or a currently learned item, or bring down the window, and use the keybord for navigation.

1.0.1 (23 January 2014)
- Now supports the HTTPS protocol.

Oh my god, I’m about to start my 1st burn next week and I want to be extra careful when I’m recalling them so thank you for this script.

Ludmor said... This would really distract me, because I will figure out the correct answer from the level, and not from the kanji itself. I always do this in Anki, even though I don't want to, so I either try not to look down to see if it a reviewed item or a currently learned item, or bring down the window, and use the keybord for navigation.
 Yeah, that's exactly what I found.  It does distract me, and it gives me a kind of "hint" about whether or not I can trust my first instinct about the answer, or whether I need to think harder.  (It's kind of hard to explain...)

Anyway, it's a nice script, but it's not for me.