Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

What is it?

It is a userscript that allows you to reorder your lessons and reviews by type and level and also force reading/meaning first.

How does it work?

Magic and clockwork.

How does it really work?

Drag to reorder

Click and drag the positions of the elements changes the sorting priorities of the queue items.

Right click to remove

Right clicking the elements will remove the related items from the queue.  If you’re doing reviews a new review will be started when you finish everything that was not removed.

Sorting priorities
Each option individually is pretty self-explanatory, but when both level and type sorting are active it will break the review into levels then sort the levels by type.   Example 7[radical, kanji, vocabulary], 8[radical, kanji, vocabulary], etc… 

When you move on to your next review question it will only select an item in the group with priority.
(If you’re doing level 15 kanji it will only select a random level 15 kanji for your next question, until there is no more of that group).
Elements will be hidden when there is no more of that item left.

Where do I get it?

UNSTABLE - v2.1.0
https://gist.github.com/xMunch/6beafa1a79a77386cd92/raw/WKU.user.js

User guide: http://puu.sh/iGgTM/e097edcd9b.png

Use the form below to post any bugs you encounter using this script.

Bug reporting

What version of the script are you using?
Were you using the script for lessons or reviews:
What browser/operating system were you using?
What seems to be the problem?
Steps to reproduce this:
Post your settings*:

Open your browsers developer console anywhere on WK(Ctrl + Shift + J).
Paste(without the quotes) “JSON.stringify(.jStorage.get('WKU/l/settings'))" for lessons or "JSON.stringify(.jStorage.get(‘WKU/r/settings’))” for reviews.

30 Likes

Can you mix them up again if you want to later on? :open_mouth: I’ve never tried reorder scripts because of that. So I might want to make a radical-only-session and then I’m like “oh well from now on, a mix is okay”. Can I do that? Or will the order remain?

Works fine and is really great! Thanks so much! :smiley:

Wow.

OH NO!!! The Wrap up feature is dead. Can you fix that? It says “wrap up: (all item 108 items)”

sumsum said... Can you mix them up again if you want to later on? :O I've never tried reorder scripts because of that. So I might want to make a radical-only-session and then I'm like "oh well from now on, a mix is okay". Can I do that? Or will the order remain?
 You can reorder them whenever you like.  But if you remove the items(right clicking) from the queue you can't get them back until you refresh?

ashleybotts said... OH NO!!! The Wrap up feature is dead. Can you fix that? It says "wrap up: (all item 108 items)"
I'm unsure what that is :o

ashleybotts said... OH NO!!! The Wrap up feature is dead. Can you fix that? It says "wrap up: (all item 108 items)"
 The clock button during reviews, that makes you avoid appear new items and counts from 10 to 0.
dothack said...

The clock button during reviews, that makes you avoid appear new items and counts from 10 to 0.
 I've never even used that function...  I still don't understand what the function does.
xMunch said...
dothack said...

I've never even used that function...  I still don't understand what the function does.
Quoting from /t/WK-Updates-December-13-2013/4049/1

• Added a "Wrap Up" button in Reviews. If you want to stop doing your reviews, but complete your current batch, click the button.    This is useful if you have half-answered items that you want to complete before quiting. "Wrap-up" will activate and a counter of the current number of items in your batch left for completion will show. Get to 0 to complete the Review session.

dothack said...
xMunch said...
dothack said...

• Added a "Wrap Up" button in Reviews. If you want to stop doing your reviews, but complete your current batch, click the button.    This is useful if you have half-answered items that you want to complete before quiting. "Wrap-up" will activate and a counter of the current number of items in your batch left for completion will show. Get to 0 to complete the Review session.

Okay...  I see the problem...  Though, I can't do anything about it.  The way I have the script setup I add everything into the activeQueue because I can't control what gets added from the full reviewQueue, and if I don't do this random items will be thrown into the activeQueue...  Basically making the script pointless because it won't be sorted how you want it.  If you want to do something similar to that just remove the items you aren't working on and work with those until you finish.  Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you guys =/.
xMunch said...
dothack said...
xMunch said...
dothack said...

Okay...  I see the problem...  Though, I can't do anything about it.  The way I have the script setup I add everything into the activeQueue because I can't control what gets added from the full reviewQueue, and if I don't do this random items will be thrown into the activeQueue...  Basically making the script pointless because it won't be sorted how you want it.  If you want to do something similar to that just remove the items you aren't working on and work with those until you finish.  Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you guys =/.
 Understood, it's still very useful especially for doing bulk items. 

I think the advantages over that bug are enough to warrant keeping using the script.

Great work!

This should now be fixed :)
1 Like

This sounds pretty great. Some time ago I made a script to try and order things in approximate level order, but it was pretty crude.

Trying this now on Firefox, it looks a little different than in your image. When Sort Types is checked it shows the three options, but regardless of Sort Levels being checked I see no boxes with level numbers.

I have exactly the same with my firefox :confused:

JoshuaJSlone said... This sounds pretty great. Some time ago I made a script to try and order things in approximate level order, but it was pretty crude.

Trying this now on Firefox, it looks a little different than in your image. When Sort Types is checked it shows the three options, but regardless of Sort Levels being checked I see no boxes with level numbers.

DeviMevi said... I have exactly the same with my firefox :/

I'm guessing you were both doing the new lessons.  The list I had with the UIDs had to be updated with the new items that were added in Today's update.  It should all be fine now :).

Is there some way to move the panel? It’s sitting right on my right arrow so I have to use the Enter key to progress. I’m used to clicking with the mouse. Otherwise, terrific!

sglinert said... Is there some way to move the panel? It's sitting right on my right arrow so I have to use the Enter key to progress. I'm used to clicking with the mouse. Otherwise, terrific!
 Don't let your queue get backed up :P.  j/k.

I'm not really sure what to tell you =/.  #EnterIsMasterRace

How do I install this awesome add on in chrome? 。゚( ゚இ‸இ゚)゚。

first you need to install tampermonkey which you can get here, then click on the link that xMunch has on his original post and click install.