WaniKani True Result - Userscript Extension

Hi all,

Once i posted this suggestion: /t/Suggestion-Changing-how-rate-is-calculated/1949/1
however i know that will probably never be implemented into WK.
So i decided to create my own Userscript for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey to add this functionality.

Link to the script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/167993
It works in the last version of Firefox and Chrome, and last version of Greasemonkey/TamperMonkey.

Are you ready to know your true result? it will be lower than the WK one.
It will add this in the result screen when you finish your reviews:

Messages on result:
higher than 90% - おめでとう!
lower than 90% - がんばれ!

Feel free to give ideas or report bugs to help me improve this, it lacks of design cause i made this in a few minutes.
Thanks.

------
UPDATE v2:

- Total Time and RPM added.
It starts to count when your first review screen loads, and it stops when you back to the result screen.
Opening more than 1 tab with Result/Review screen may cause problems on it, so don’t  ^^.

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea!

ありがとうございます!

Ooooh! Thanks!

This is great! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I like it that you’re implementing stuff that people request via extensions. Don’t stop! :smiley:

Satoshi said... This is great! Thanks! :)

I like it that you're implementing stuff that people request via extensions. Don't stop! :D
 Yeah thanks,
we need to support Viet for now, until he starts to make this improvements inside WK.
Feel free to request any improvement.

Well, pretty much everything I can think of that can be made with extensions is covered for now. Real numbers, real times, this, your other one, I don’t know what else, really. 

Do you think you could make the extension calculate this during a review on the fly and replace the default percent?

Can you add confetti and trumpets sounds every time I get an answer right?

Satoshi said... Well, pretty much everything I can think of that can be made with extensions is covered for now. Real numbers, real times, this, your other one, I don't know what else, really. 

Do you think you could make the extension calculate this during a review on the fly and replace the default percent?
 Yes, its possible.
However i really dont think it worths the time to develop as we have the true result in the end.
But i can put on my project list.

Apraxas said... Can you add confetti and trumpets sounds every time I get an answer right?
 Good idea, i will think about doing that on my free time.

well i like to develop things, i work with that 10h/day, and its my hobby in my free time..
(i have some weird applications that i made running 24/7 in my personal server)
i would help with WK improvements if Viet/Koichi asked for it.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I thought it might be really simple but it’s not that worth it if it’s not. 

alucardeck said…i would help with WK improvements if Viet/Koichi asked for it.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea since they seem really stretched thin these days.

Nice extension… I will try it as soon as I get my exams over tomorrow…

Since you made this extension, can you also make one (or add to this one ? ) where it gives how much time you took to answer  per session? Also, kind of average time/review thing?

tyson123g said... Nice extension.. I will try it as soon as I get my exams over tomorrow..

Since you made this extension, can you also make one (or add to this one ? ) where it gives how much time you took to answer  per session? Also, kind of average time/review thing?
 Yeah, some stats at the end would be great. 
Length of review, average time per item, fastest item, slowest item - stuff like that. 
Satoshi said...
tyson123g said... Nice extension.. I will try it as soon as I get my exams over tomorrow..

Yeah, some stats at the end would be great. 
Length of review, average time per item, fastest item, slowest item - stuff like that. 
 Hm.. yes its possible. it would be a nice feature.
i will take note to add asap... thanks!

I took a shot at beautifying it a little, to produce something that looks like this:

http://pastebin.com/6dxMN1tM

Looks cool for me,

as i make extensions for you all, i will let ppl decide if i should implement it or not in the next version.
thanks!

I’m going to have try this!

alucardeck said... Looks cool for me,

as i make extensions for you all, i will let ppl decide if i should implement it or not in the next version.
thanks!
If I have to choose I like the current simple look better.

That is pretty neat.  Not sure if I want to make myself go crazy with the minutia of my reviews or not though - it is hard enough to just get them done. :/  I like the concept though.

Sorry to sound like a noob, but how do you install it? 

jlel said... Sorry to sound like a noob, but how do you install it? 

Dont worry, my fault that i didnt post any tutorial.

You need to install an extension for your browser:
If you use Mozilla Firefox, install Greasemonkey
https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-br/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

If you use Chrome, install Tampermonkey 
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo

If you use Internet Explorer, there is no plugin to work (far i know, sorry)

Once installed the plugin,
just enter the link of my first post and there will appear a button to install it on your browser.