WaniKani Email Notifier: Never miss your waiting reviews!

I use iPhone so currently there is no app to notify me when new review is available. I just want to be notified as soon as new reviews arrive, so I made this app and share with you guys. It’s just been developed so if you encounter any bug or problem please tell me.

WaniKani Email Notifier Version 1.0
http://wknotifier.panjmp.com

1 Like

I can’t even imagine how flooded my email would become if I used this

+1 though useful idea

Walnut said... I can't even imagine how flooded my email would become if I used this

+1 though useful idea
Thanks for your comment. 

Once it reach the a number of reviews defined in the app, it will send only one email. :D

It is a neat idea, but I have the same concerns as walnut. I think one way to implement it with less spam would be to email once reviews are available and prevent emails until the reviews have been taken care of. (assuming you’re using something like a cron or a timer to check if reviews are available) When you check if they have reviews available, check if there are 0 available and if there are, be ready to send an email next time they have a review. 

just have someone make the android wanikani mobile equivalent for iPhone.

SamusAranX said... just have someone make the android wanikani mobile equivalent for iPhone.
 That'd be nice but this makes a good stopgap until somebody decides to step up to that. It's a big job and I'm thankful we have somebody willing to write such a great app for any mobile OS

Are you on an older version of iOS ?
This app works well for me, but requires iOS 7
/t/WaniKani-for-iOS/1862/1

kfdm said... Are you on an older version of iOS ?
This app works well for me, but requires iOS 7
/t/WaniKani-for-iOS/1862/1

I don't know if the problem specific to me or not, but I don't get push notification even though I'm using iOS7. I thought the feature is still on development. Maybe it's just me. Gotta ask kiko...

Thanks for this. When I enter my minimum and email, hit Save, nothing happens. Is this normal?

Just wondering if it’s working as there’s no confirmation or anything. I don’t have reviews due for like 7 hours. 

Please Panjmp I want to stop this notification on my iphone but I can’t!  It says on the link under every message you send me “to cancel notification click here”; however, when I do that I just get the screen asking me to input my API and press the green login in button. This I do (as there is no other option on the screen) and the next screen I only have the option of choosing how many reviews I want before being notified. I set it to 0 thinking this must be how to stop it but I can’t.

Please can you remove me from your system - many thanks (p.s and from any mailing lists you might have)

espaguete said...I set it to 0 thinking this must be how to stop it but I can't.
Please can you remove me from your system - many thanks (p.s and from any mailing lists you might have)
Can't you set it to a number of reviews you're not likely to end up with for now?
Like 2000, or something?
Ghibli said...
espaguete said...I set it to 0 thinking this must be how to stop it but I can't.
Can't you set it to a number of reviews you're not likely to end up with for now?
Like 2000, or something?
 +1 this
espaguete said... Please Panjmp I want to stop this notification on my iphone but I can't!  It says on the link under every message you send me "to cancel notification click here"; however, when I do that I just get the screen asking me to input my API and press the green login in button. This I do (as there is no other option on the screen) and the next screen I only have the option of choosing how many reviews I want before being notified. I set it to 0 thinking this must be how to stop it but I can't.

I'm sorry for not being active in the thread for long time. I removed your account and I'm going to add deregistration feature.