WK Updates Compilation [No longer being updated]

A list of the threads containing information on WaniKani fixes and updates.

Would it be possible to sticky this on the “Most recent posts” page? I hardly ever look at the subforums :slight_smile:

piderman said...

Would it be possible to sticky this on the "Most recent posts" page? I hardly ever look at the subforums :)
+1

I agree, because I always somehow miss the administration topics. Then I'm all confused asking around questions :D

piderman said...

Would it be possible to sticky this on the "Most recent posts" page? I hardly ever look at the subforums :)
はい, おねがいします!

piderman said...

It's already stickied. But the stickies only work in their specific section (Kanji and Japanese, WaniKani, Campfire). The main community page posts the most recently active topics from the entire forum. If all the stickies went to the top of the main page we would have to go to like the 3rd or 4th page to see any non-sticky items. The "WaniKani" section itself has quite a few sticky items.

So, just go to the WaniKani section and this topic will be near the top.

I’ve noticed that you guys added the sound button for vocabulary directly on to the “WaniKani” reviewing page. It appears on the far right side after you either get a right or wrong answer. 

Thanks so much Viet and Koichi! It so convenient to not have to go to the “i” page just to hear the word being pronounced. Usually that was the only reason why I clicked the “i” button. The information page is great if you want to look at the mnenomics again, or the meaning. But I listen to the sound clip not because I got the reading wrong but because I want to hear the correct inotation in the Japanese word. So I love that I can click it so simply now.

どうもありがとうございます!

I just realized… shouldn’t the title of this post say “compilation”?

SilverFen said... I just realized... shouldn't the title of this post say "compilation"?
 Yes. Yes it should :)

Wasn’t there an update to not require you to get to 90% on your radicals before unlocking that level’s kanji for guru-ed radicals? At least I noticed this happening since a couple of days ago. I like it since it was a pain to get a ton of kanji after getting to 90% on radicals.

Love most everything about wanikani, but there are a few things I wanted to ask about to see whether they will be changed or not.

There are instances like 得, where the meanings for the vocab and kanji are different and wanikani doesn’t accept or tell you it wants the other instead of counting it wrong. It seems like this is just memorizing which is which with no benefit to learning the language. Is there a reason behind that that I’m not seeing or is that something yall might work on before opening the app up outside of a private beta?

Also I know for some vocab or Kanji the app will let you know if it’s looking for the other reading instead of immediately counting the answer wrong if you give it the ‘kun’ instead of the ‘on’ and vice-versa. Is that something that yall will attempt to apply across the board or just with new words you add? Getting an answer wrong like this is maybe the most frustrating thing about the app.

Keep up the good work, I know this is a huge endeavor on yall’s part. Thanks.

Was WK updated today or not?

Profuse apologies if this has been mentioned before (or if I’m posting this in the wrong thread, etc.), but I would really, really appreciate it if it were possible to add synonyms to items during a lesson. I’ll usually do this after completing the lessons, but I’ve forgotten on a few occasions and found myself making mistakes/kicking myself later. Not sure if anyone else has issues with this, and it isn’t a big deal, but I figured I’d put it out there anyway.

Shenae said...but I would really, really appreciate it if it were possible to add synonyms to items during a lesson. I'll usually do this after completing the lessons
 +1

Is there a better thread for feature suggestions? I was wondering about that too.
buch0stabe said...
Shenae said...but I would really, really appreciate it if it were possible to add synonyms to items during a lesson. I'll usually do this after completing the lessons
 +1

Is there a better thread for feature suggestions? I was wondering about that too.
 I think people just start a new thread for each of their feature suggestions. I'd do a quick search of topics and topic titles first too, to see if you can find anything similar.

WaniKani will go under maintenance mode on April 27 @ 2:00 PM PST (9:00 PM UTC) for at most 30 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Actually, 2:00 PM PST == 10:00 PM UTC.

I'm guessing you meant 2:00 PM PDT, since I think all of the territory included in the Pacific Time Zone is currently observing Daylight Saving Time.
thebyron said...
 WaniKani will go under maintenance mode on April 27 @ 2:00 PM PST (9:00 PM UTC) for at most 30 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

I'm guessing you meant 2:00 PM PDT, since I think all of the territory included in the Pacific Time Zone is currently observing Daylight Saving Time.
 I don't know, what about Arizona? It is only in the Pacific Time Zone half of the year.
Syphus said...
thebyron said...

I don't know, what about Arizona? It is only in the Pacific Time Zone half of the year.
 why does it say on the dashboard that you posted this 6 minutes ago?
gregorspv said...
Syphus said...
thebyron said...

When I update the main post the site thinks it's been posted in so it makes the last one pop up like it's new.
gregorspv said...
Syphus said...
thebyron said...

That's due to the original post being updated.

Edit: Looks like I got beaten to it. Oh well.
gregorspv said...
Syphus said...
thebyron said...

The OP was updated. The thread was updated 6 minutes ago and Syphus was the last poster.