WK Customizer - Reviews Timeline, Pairing, and Sorting

Chrome Web Store | download for Safari

Headline features include:
  •  Timeline view of all your upcoming reviews for the next 3 days
  • Sort current level radicals or kanji to the front of your lessons/reviews
  • Connect with TextFugu/EtoEto to see links to your most recently visited lesson
There are other options for you to explore too, all available by clicking the WK menu in the upper left, and clicking the "Customizer" link from the dropdown.

If you have any other feature suggestions or ideas you'd like to see included, let me know!
1 Like

Awesome! Nothing else to say.

This sounds absolutely epic, only thing I think should be done is avoid redirecting to lessons. Frequently, people will take breaks from them and such, so it could be an inconvenience (an unwanted one that is) if it keeps redirecting to lessons.

HatsuHazama said... This sounds absolutely epic, only thing I think should be done is avoid redirecting to lessons. Frequently, people will take breaks from them and such, so it could be an inconvenience (an unwanted one that is) if it keeps redirecting to lessons.
 I assume the extension can be turned on and off if this is desired?

EDIT: oh, LESSONS. Turning that on and off as an option would indeed be good for some folks.

And good work!
HatsuHazama said... This sounds absolutely epic, only thing I think should be done is avoid redirecting to lessons. Frequently, people will take breaks from them and such, so it could be an inconvenience (an unwanted one that is) if it keeps redirecting to lessons.
 Good idea!

eek!  i came to WK and was about to open a thread and BOOM! reviews!  I forgot i had installed this  :p

anyway, i loved how putting in romaji in the reading gave me another shot (i did it on purpose to try it out)

question,  is there a way to customize this?  or turn it off and on?  usually i see an icon or something but i dont see one for this extension

zeldaskitten said...question,  is there a way to customize this?  or turn it off and on?  usually i see an icon or something but i dont see one for this extension
in chrome, go to the tools menu, then extensions, then disable or enable wanikani customizer. looks like there's no icon built into the toolbar (good for keeping clutter down...)

perhaps customizing the customizer is coming soon!

I might install this if I could only use the “Protects against accidentally mixing romaji and hiragana when entering readings” part. The rest isn’t really to my taste. 

Satoshi said... I might install this if I could only use the "Protects against accidentally mixing romaji and hiragana when entering readings" part. The rest isn't really to my taste. 
 Same here.

so im definitely uninstalling for now.  i like the forums too much and not a fan of being forced to review.  also, jumping to lessons right after is a bit much but more importantly, i dont get to see how many lessons im about to do. 

i like the idea though and will add it back when its more customize-able :slight_smile:
one other thing i noticed.  not a huge deal but when hitting enter with a blank entry makes it reload.  i’d prefer blanks to react the same as they do normally.  since i find myself hitting enter a few times in frustration from the slow loading  :p

Sounds great, fortunately I have the discipline to stay focused and not browse the forums. Now, back to my lessons.

Satoshi said... I might install this if I could only use the "Protects against accidentally mixing romaji and hiragana when entering readings" part. The rest isn't really to my taste. 

Apraxas said...

In fact, ignore my post above… I can’t remember the last time I did that, let alone pressing enter after it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was a bit of a hassle, but I completed the options page and posted 1.2. You can now customize the redirecting features, and it defaults to only redirecting once, when lessons and reviews first become available from the Dashboard.

Current users: you can force the update immediately by going to chrome://extensions/ and clicking “Update extensions now” in the upper right (you may need to enable Developer Mode first).

The link to the Options is available on the extensions page as well.

now its perfect! finally i can type mixed romaji and hiragana all i want!  :p

arigatou!

It seems to not work anymore.  :-(  

EDIT:  juuuuuuust kidding!  works again!

Would either of the versions work on Firefox?  I have Safari too, but I usually use Firefox because that’s where all my bookmarks are. 

Unfortunately not :\ Safari and Chrome extensions work almost identically which means I can write for both with minimal effort. Firefox extension development is much messier in comparison.

If you’re willing to take the plunge though, you can export your firefox bookmarks into Safari or Chrome. If you’re on a Mac, Safari 6 is an excellent browser; for Windows I personally recommend Chrome.

Firefox to Safari migration: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-bookmarks-safari

kiko, could I suggest editing the title so it includes the fact the review schedule is in it. I’m sure more people will use the extension if you do, otherwise they’ll likely pass over the topic thinking nothing has changed since the beginning.