[Userscript] Wanikani Multiple Answer Input

Want to input multiple answers in your reviews? That’s cool… No judging*

It’s all good, my friend. Mempo’s got you covered!

Just do your reviews as usual, and input as much answers as you want. Don’t input any wrong answers though, or everything will be marked wrong!

Separate your different answers with a semicolon “;” or two (or more) SPACEs.

Caveat: no typos are allowed either. I can’t access the typo-ignore functionality of WK because I’m basically stopping what usually happens in order to check all your answers. Single SPACE separation won’t work either because there are verbs to consider!

Features (v1.0)
 - Separate answers with a “;” (semicolon) or two (or more) SPACEs.

How to INPUT MULTIPLE ANSWERS
- Make sure you have the Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (other browsers) add-on installed, so you can enjoy userscripts.
- Go to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/25102-wanikani-multiple-answer-input
- Click the green button
- BOOM, DONE!

How to install/edit user scripts guide:
 /t/Visual-Guide-on-How-To-Install-A-Userscript/12136/1

Change log:

v1.0
 - initial release

Note: this has been developed and tested in Chrome. Let me know if other browsers have difficulties.
*this was a user request. I personally wouldn’t want to make my reviews even harder lmao you crazy bastards ^^

1 Like

sounds interesting. If I DO install this, can I still input just 1 answer and get it right? if I only put in 1 does the spell check work?

Calling shikaji! Calling shikaji! Your hero Mempo has something for you. Please come immediately to the API and third party apps helpdesk…

1 Like
magiconic said... sounds interesting. If I DO install this, can I still input just 1 answer and get it right? if I only put in 1 does the spell check work?
 double yes.

you really are my hero ^.^ thanks - works like a charm on firefox!

shikaji said... you really are my hero ^.^ thanks - works like a charm on firefox!
 Well that's the most shocking/surprising thing I heard all day. So glad it works on FF (with no extra work)!

Honestly, I'm just glad you saw it. It seems that the more scripts I write, the more they get drowned in noise and banished into oblivion. /dramacat

While fixing the Anki Mode script I realised that maybe I could make it typo friendly. Not sure, as I haven't looked into it yet, but I'll investigate. That would definitely make it way more user-friendly, and appeal to a broader audience

damn … then i’m sorry but after sacrificing some items … :

only works for me with
multiple spaces but not with “;” / verbs seem to work with neither and
sometimes item don’t work at all. i think further testing warrants a new
new account … don’t wanna totally ruin my stats ^^

it’s seems that single word answers work but everything that has a space and/or “-” doesn’t
便 : “convenient  convenience” -> answer accepted
兄弟 : “siblings  brothers and sisters” -> wrong

not with user synonyms though:
戈 : “spear  halberd” or “drunkard  spear” -> wrong

shikaji said... damn ... then i'm sorry but after sacrificing some items ... :

only works for me with multiple spaces but not with ";" / verbs seem to work with neither and sometimes item don't work at all. i think further testing warrants a new new account ... don't wanna totally ruin my stats ^^
Sorry to have disappointed you. 切腹 it is then 

i see the samurai outfit is not just for show! but then again as a cat i guess you can afford a few 切腹’s

shikaji said... i see the samurai outfit is not just for show! but then again as a cat i guess you can afford a few 切腹's
 Not dead yet, in case you were wondering. On my way to the sacred site for commiting seppuku I fell pretty bad with my longboard, so until my hand stops looking like it had an intimate relationship with a cheese grater, I won't be able to fix this for you. Just wanted to give you an update on the current situation, so you can stop frantically refreshing this page every few seconds in the hope of a fix.

As if reviews weren't hard enough without being able to move my fingers properly.

Hey, that’s actually kind of interesting. And no, I don’t feel bad for reviving this thread.

Sorry for necroing this poor thread (again), but I made a revamped version of this that anyone stumbling upon this thread might be interested in:

link

Oh wow, another necro. Sorry about that. It will never rest in peace.
@Mempo sorry, but would it be possible for you to add a license to your original script on greasyfork? My revamp heavily relies on your original and I’m technically stealing it currently o((⊙﹏⊙))o (plus I can’t in good conscience license my revamp until yours has a license, so it’d propagate down to any derivatives of my work as well)

1 Like