Level graph

I made a very simple level graph. Enter your API key, click the button and see a prediction for when you’re done!

http://www.alymma.com/wani/wani.html

Note: this only works for level 2 and above, I can’t extract useful data from only one data point :slight_smile:
Note2: due to certain limitations you have to have learned the radicals for the level you are currently on, otherwise it will count until the previous level.

Incidentally mine says:

Your average time for completing a level is 9 days and 4 hours.
At this rate you will have finished all 50 levels by 6 oct 2013.

:smiley:

2 Likes

ugh, that’s like, 3 years for me. I need to speed this up…

Your average time for completing a level is 11 days and 11 hours.
At this rate you will have finished all 50 levels by 16 may 2014.

Wohoo! :stuck_out_tongue:

I took a like, six month break from WK that really messed up my average. By this estimation, I should be all done with WK by November 2021 :x

Great little web app, thanks piderman!

“Your average time for completing a level is 8 days and 7 hours.
At this rate you will have finished all 50 levels by 15 jan 2014.”

My low level is definitely throwing it off, but I’ll live in a hazy denial until the graph suggests otherwise.

Thank you piderman.
I’ll be finished by 19 mar 2014 ^^

Your average time for completing a level is 24 days and 16 hours.
At this rate you will have finished all 50 levels by 2 oct 2015.

I've been lazy. but yeah, 2015 aint that far :D

Win7 64 running Version 25.0.1359.0 canary (Chrome) and getting the following error. (also tried in FireFox 17.0.1)

(Error from chrome.)
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘unlocked_date’ of null wani.html:50

• $.ajax.successwani.html:50
  • c.extend.handleSuccessjquery.min.js:142
  • E.(anonymous function)jquery.min.js:136
  • (anonymous function)1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12:1

• (Error from FireFox)
    Timestamp: 12/13/2012 1:12:58 PM
    Error: TypeError: info[i].stats is null
    Source File: http://www.alymma.com/wani/wani.html
    Line: 50

Hmm…I do have lessons waiting. I’ll try again after I finish them and see if that works. Dunno.

May 21st, 2014. Not too bad.

Prov said...
    Error stuff
     Are you sure your API key is correct? It should give an error for that but you never know... Maybe you went over the 100 per hour, it doesn't really check for that.

Come to think of it, it could read your level info but not the radicals. That's really weird.
    piderman said...
    Prov said...
    Error stuff
     Are you sure your API key is correct? It should give an error for that but you never know... Maybe you went over the 100 per hour, it doesn't really check for that.
    Regenerated the key and pasted as plain text to be sure. It looks like it grabs my levels.

You should create estimates for when we reach level 10-20-30-40 etc too. :slight_smile:

Your average time for completing a level is 10 days and 23 hours.
    At this rate you will have finished all 50 levels by 22 apr 2014.
    Not bad :o

Finished my lessons and it works now.
    I don’t know if it helps but I had just leveled up and my lessons were untouched.

Edit: Jan. 15, 2014 Sweet!

october 2014? heck no :confused:

Cool. August 1st, 2014. About when I would expect, probably a bit closer (I’m sure life will get in the way at various points and there will be substantially more reviews to keep up with over time, and lengthen it out a bit)

Prov said... I don't know if it helps but I had just leveled up and my lessons were untouched.
     Yes that does actually help :D Should not give an error anymore, but if your lessons are untouched it counts until the previous level :)

Feb 22 2014. Dammit.

Time to crank it up a notch…

I wish I was level 2 now so I could try this :frowning: should be level 2 in a day or so (well… I’m just guessing lol. Seems many Kanji I am clicking on will be available at sometime tomorrow after not being available for 2 days so that should be a good sign)

Still, the tool sounds awesome :smiley:

5 oct 2015

maybe I’ll get a better estimate after finishing level 2