KaniWani Custom/Dark Style (post overhaul)

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

Hey there, it’s me again sowwy

I just thought since I already shared my other styles (I should really complete that one though <.<) I’d just share this one as well.
This time it’s not a style for WK itself but KW, reverse SRS woopee (afaik there are 2 KaniWani, my style is for Tadgh11’s).

Here’s a quick sneak peek at what this style looks like (it has been adapted to the site overhaul):

Since I somehow ended up adding custom background support, there ya go (now back again, added after the overhaul - though it’s not the whole site anymore but instead just replaces the standard background):

As it currently is I only gave the option to customize the colors of the input (correct, incorrect, standard, wrong syntax) since as the title may hint at it’s a “dark style”. In the improbable case that you guys wish to make the background customizable too I’ll just add that in as well (uh, kinda did that already edit).

Oh, almost forgot to mention:
I also added a little “fix” for the 100+ counter, since the last digit(s) always vanished and I saw people complaining about it. ;○)

For those who overlooked the subtle link up there, here’s the style:
https://userstyles.org/styles/117040/kaniwani-dark-style

Also, in case you haven’t already you may want to check out these funsies here:
/t/Simple-dark-Userstyle/9032/1
/t/WaniKani-Custom-Color-Style-Eternal-Early-Access-○P/8859/1

Enjoy c(°_:_°)つ

1 Like

Could you make the background something cool, like power rangers?

kelth said... Could you make the background something cool, like power rangers?
Please Keith, we should get an array of choices if we're doing custom backgrounds. I personally would like a combination of all my favorite anime characters. 
mahum said...
Please Keith, we should get an array of choices if we're doing custom backgrounds. I personally would like a combination of all my favorite anime characters. 
 Mahum why must you go full weeb mode. Also a background with a ton of kiyoshi's in the background would be weird.
mrgameraidz said...
mahum said...
 Mahum why must you go full weeb mode. Also a background with a ton of kiyoshi's in the background would be weird.
;A; How did you know? Kiyoshi + Accelerator though. 

<3

mahum said...
mrgameraidz said...
mahum said...
;A; How did you know? Kiyoshi + Accelerator though. 

![](upload://ju7BodjnBSLyqfhqiL3kjhD9973.png)

<3
 Aw, can't help but love you guys..
Just added an option to choose your own background for whatever reason. c(´_:_`)つ

Aw, can't help but love you guys..
Just added an option to choose your own background for whatever reason. c(´_:_`)つ
Yassss!!! Now Kiyoshi and Accelerator can cheer me on as I tackle my 1021 reviews!! :D

I know a great song for just such an occassion as this…I want to be the very best, that no one ever was!!!

kelth said... I know a great song for just such an occassion as this....I want to be the very best, that no one ever was!!!!

Btw OP... how do we even use the background thing? ;A;

click the this style link

mahum said…

kelth said…
I know a great song for just such an occassion as this…I want to be the very best, that no one ever was!!!

Btw OP… how do we even use the background thing? ;A;

mahum said...Btw OP... how do we even use the background thing? ;A;
 Do you mean how to set your own background?
You can just select the URL/upload option and paste your URL or select the image to upload, then you're good to go.
By default the background image is set to none (as if it was transparent) so in case you just want a simple background color let it as default and select your background color right beneath it.
kelth said... click the this style link

Where is this "the this style" link?!?! x.x
RayderBlitz said...
Here's a quick sneak peek at what this style looks like:

[...]

For those who overlooked the subtle link up there, here's the style:

There ya go, you may choose whichever you prefer.
RayderBlitz said...
RayderBlitz said...

[...]

OOOO!!! Thanks! :D
mahum said...
RayderBlitz said...
RayderBlitz said...

[...]

OOOO!!! Thanks! :D
 You're welcome, enjoy your newly obtained customness! ;○P

I installed it with tapermonkey, but it’s not working. Do I need a separate reverse srs script up? Because I don’t have anything like that at the moment.

Joshade said... I installed it with tapermonkey, but it's not working. Do I need a separate reverse srs script up? Because I don't have anything like that at the moment.

Are you on the site? This is for kaniwani and not wanikani.

Joshade said... I installed it with tapermonkey, but it's not working. Do I need a separate reverse srs script up? Because I don't have anything like that at the moment.

It's for the website KaniWani and I'm not sure if tapermonkey will be able to make it work.
If it works with tapermonkey that's great, but what I use is Stylish for FireFox and there's also Stylish for Chrome.

Cool!

Tadgh11 said... Cool!
 Glad you like it, Creatorーさん.
Also, feel free to take out the little code snippet for the 100+ counter and add it to your original CSS.